pc problem

I have been having trouble with VirginMedia for around 6 months now, connection dropping which was inconvenient to me but a pain in the derrière for my son who plays on line games, etc. Virgin FINALLY listened to us & replaced the cables & boxes to our house & we have permanent connection :laola: at last!!

Now, we use Firefox & yesterday we had a system upgrade that downloaded, since then, my pc runs really slowly. My son's upstairs is fine. I have found if I wiggle my mouse :huh: the page will load quicker otherwise I have to wait 10-15 seconds for it to load. AND I now cannot hover over a title & read the start of the contents of the 1st post like I could.

I have pressed Ctrl + F5 but it makes no difference. What has happened & what can I do to resolve it? :D

or even safari, i use that its apple and i find thats great, but with computers you sometimes get updates that are like checkpoints, e.g so say you have version 4 they updates to version 4.5 and plan to go to 5 at a later date, they dont work on it as much and can have bugs on certain versions, its normally sorted out after a few weeks,

hope you get a decent connection soon

I agree I would use chrome nowadays. However if you definatly want to use firefox, then I would suggest to backup your bookmarks, uninstall firefox completely and redownload it. Worked for me. Also check what plugins you have running that are no longer incompatable as this can clog it up too, although if I remember from the last time I was there you dont run many anyways.

well, with my techy son's help, I downloaded chrome, but I did notice that I could hover over titles in View New Posts & read the first couple of lines again on firefox blink.gif - still, we're running both now so we'll see how it goes

Thank you, everyone, for your help & advice :up:

If it doesn't work out...when was the last time you scanned for spyware/malware? Or viruses?

A good program for scanning for spyware, and its free, is Lavasoft Ad-aware. And a good (free) virus-scanning program is AVG free.

Have you also tried defragging your hard drive? That would make your PC faster overall.