ANNOUNCE - Husky Owners Sibecare - By Marcronix (H Owners Exclusive)

Marc

Husky Owners Sibecare - By Marcronix (H Owners Exclusive)

Marcronix SibeCare

There was a discussion a few days ago that ended up with an idea to build a piece of software for tracking various things regarding our huskys. On thinking more on this, and reading quite a few threads/posts I have found that this will be extremely useful for people to use and would like to take on the challenge of building a program specifically for Husky owners and Exclusive to members of the forum.

Your help

Before any piece of software can begin development you need an idea. This we have, so next comes the design stage. This is where you can all help in the simplest of ways. The software will not be of any use to anyone if we do not have the areas available that people will need, so I would like you to post to this topic, give me your feedback, and say what you would like to be able to do with the software where it goes live at some point later this year.

Ideas so far

• Support to track mulitple huskies - This will be important to the majority of us.

• Exercise tracking.

• Illness tracking

• Vaccination tracking & scheduling

• Worming/Fleeing tracking & Scheduling

• Weight tracking

• Diet tracking

• Cost Tracking

• General Schedules for forum meets, birthdays etc.

I would honestly appreciate any feedback possitive or otherwise as all feedback is important to get the features that will benefit everyone in some way.

what about costing, so people can track the cost of food, how much it costs per day per sibe or something like that?

ooh, Sarah, that'll be just depressing! LOL They already eat better than I do, now I'm gonna see they get more toys and better medical care <giggle>

How about Health Check scheduling? This will flag up when our sibe is due a general health check.

A few other areas which can be made optional could be hip-score and eye test scheduling.

And another, could we maybe be able to get a general calender on there where we can put our sibes birthdays, forum meet up dates, etc on there?

husky help

Marcronix SibeCare

There was a discussion a few days ago that ended up with an idea to build a piece of software for tracking various things regarding our huskys. On thinking more on this, and reading quite a few threads/posts I have found that this will be extremely useful for people to use and would like to take on the challenge of building a program specifically for Husky owners and Exclusive to members of the forum.

Your help

Before any piece of software can begin development you need an idea. This we have, so next comes the design stage. This is where you can all help in the simplest of ways. The software will not be of any use to anyone if we do not have the areas available that people will need, so I would like you to post to this topic, give me your feedback, and say what you would like to be able to do with the software where it goes live at some point later this year.

Ideas so far

• Support to track mulitple huskies - This will be important to the majority of us.

• Exercise tracking.

• Illness tracking

• Vaccination tracking & scheduling

• Worming/Fleeing tracking & Scheduling

• Weight tracking

• Diet tracking

• Cost Tracking

I would honestly appreciate any feedback possitive or otherwise as all feedback is important to get the features that will benefit everyone in some way.

I would like to see a feature on how to find huskey minders as I have not managed to find anyone yet

@ Amy - Added

@ninooks mum - This will not be available as this one is simply a logging tool as apposed to an information tool . That said however I will hold the thought in mind for future applications should this one go to plan

Come on then guys..... What about functionality .... Thinking about being able to search these things, setting up reminders etc ... anything else you can think of or should I get to work :) lol

I usually do ... ask the wife lol

Anyways, onward and upward......

Tonight I will begin the design stage with the help of Sarah. Sarah will be getting involved in this as it is easy to loose vision of the objectives when developing and I want to ensure that this is a useable product that people will enjoy using. Although I do code for a living, Marcronix Sibecare will be my first big project created on my own so bare with me lol. My aim is to get all the features that you want and make them usable. Then who knows, once this one is complete maybe we will have other Marcronix developments specifically designed for our members.

Another thing you could possibly do is to allow members to link it to here? Could you also maybe allow users to customise their charts/calenders/etc and add their photos to the background etc and be able to print them off.

I dont know if you have already added this but could you add a section with useful health links and maybe an address book where we can store important details like vets name, address, emergency number, etc and also maybe other husky owners details.

Another thing we could do is I heard from another site (Yahoo answers) about health cards. Basically they are cards which you carry on yourself and have on them yourself and then if you have an accident and your dog has to be taken in to a shelter temporary until a member of your family has picked them up or until you come out of hospital for example, the health cards will have written on them anything that another person will find useful. For example for Gizmo I would have:

Owners Name: [My name]

Dogs Name: Gizmo

Dogs Age: 15 months

Breed: Siberian Husky

Address: [my home address]

Contacts: [names telephone numbers for people they can contact, such as Jamie]

General Dog Info: male (un-castrated), silver grey and white, blue eyes, [height], [weight], up to date on flea and wormer

Temperament: Friendly, May growl at other dogs if held back, does live with 2 other dogs but would not advise him being kenneled with a strange dog.

Any health issues: none known

Could hold all this info and maybe other info like if they are microchipped, etc and also a small passport sized photo in the corner to help identification especially when more than one dog is present.

Could make all the information optional so everyone can choose what they include and what they leave out. Whould this be possible?

Another thing you could possibly do is to allow members to link it to here? Could you also maybe allow users to customise their charts/calenders/etc and add their photos to the background etc and be able to print them off.

The integration with the forum will come at a later date, however wont be in this version. I have a lot to learn with the crossover of technologies and have not yet integrated things across desktop and web. This is something that will deffinatly happen in later releases however at the point when I will also be adding custom modifications to the forum that will interact with the software.

The customising elements Im not thinking too much on at the moment, more the functionality side of things. There will be a fair amount of customisation you will be able to use in the first version, however I dont want to add so much that it never ends up being completed, and also that is full of bugs. I would like to get the issues with the functionality that inevitably occur out of the way first and then comcentrate on this side of things.

I dont know if you have already added this but could you add a section with useful health links and maybe an address book where we can store important details like vets name, address, emergency number, etc and also maybe other husky owners details.

Yes I will add this to the first version as its an excellent piece of usefull functionality for a user.

Another thing we could do is I heard from another site (Yahoo answers) about health cards. Basically they are cards which you carry on yourself and have on them yourself and then if you have an accident and your dog has to be taken in to a shelter temporary until a member of your family has picked them up or until you come out of hospital for example, the health cards will have written on them anything that another person will find useful. For example for Gizmo I would have:

Owners Name: [My name]

Dogs Name: Gizmo

Dogs Age: 15 months

Breed: Siberian Husky

Address: [my home address]

Contacts: [names telephone numbers for people they can contact, such as Jamie]

General Dog Info: male (un-castrated), silver grey and white, blue eyes, [height], [weight], up to date on flea and wormer

Temperament: Friendly, May growl at other dogs if held back, does live with 2 other dogs but would not advise him being kenneled with a strange dog.

Any health issues: none known

Could hold all this info and maybe other info like if they are microchipped, etc and also a small passport sized photo in the corner to help identification especially when more than one dog is present.

You'd like the ability to be able to create and print one of these cards from the program you mean?

Could make all the information optional so everyone can choose what they include and what they leave out. Whould this be possible?

Very little will be mandatory as I want this to be useable for everyone, and not everyone will want to use every part of thye software. So in short, yes these fields will be optional.

You'd like the ability to be able to create and print one of these cards from the program you mean?

yeah thats it :)

as requested in another thread....

could we have information like the info on here http://www.thepuppynetwork.com/puppyinfo/puppy_development.html available to owners with puppy sibes?

• 9 months later...