they sell leads from 6 ft all the way 2 100 ft and they can b made smaller so they are half the lenth thought this wud b gd for ppl like me who dnt rly like usin the retractable 1s - everytime he runs full speed i either gotta run as fast as i can (which ent that fast) fall on my face or let go ov the lead - so i found this and got blaze a 50ft lead was originally lookin for a 30ft but for an extra couple ov thought i might aswell get an extra 20 ft

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/SILVERDRAGON-SALES__W0QQ_armrsZ1

the 1 i got it for large breed dogs also so no worries there bout it breaking like i wud with the retractable

they also do leads that help wit them wlkin right by ur side its just like a handle wit the clasp on

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CLOSE-CONTROL-HAND-LOOP-DOG-LEAD-LARGE-BLACK_W0QQitemZ110376233736QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs?hash=item110376233736&_trksid=p4634.m334.l1262

and they also have 100% positive feedback

Im looking at the clips and thinking they dont look very sturdy :confused:

May be ok if you don't own 'hardened pullers' but at least two of ours that I wouldn't trust anything but a nice sturdy brass clip, suitable for holding a horse.

Our 'record holding' clip-snapper broke 3 steel trigger hooks during last race season, So we stick to tried and trusted Culpepper and Manmat leads ;)

Dont think ya can really tell sometimes untill you get them home though. I've seen clasps that look safe as houses and have been crap, and yet small flimsy looking ones that hold out really well

excellant link.

Jamie wanted to get the close control leads for our boys but to be honest I dont like them as I feel it forces the dog to walk next to you and could encourage more pulling as the dog is very restricted to where he/she can go. I would prefer to stick to the 4-6ft leads as then my boys can still wonder over to the bush/lampost, etc for toilets and as I am starting to run with them, a close control lead would make life much more difficult than using a 4-6ft lead where I have more room to move and my boys can still run next to me at a comfortable distance too.

good fine nix, added to rep.

I've got a 50ft long lone that i got i think from my local pet shop, the clasp on it's really good as well, only thing i've found is that i can't use it if it's wet on the field as the lead gets soaking and hurts my hands when we're coming home so if it's wet i stick to my 8ft retractable one lol

I can't see the links Nix - they aren't working for me for some reason :(

I only ever use high quality leather leashes with well made brass fittings.

The danger of leash breakage is something that everyone should be aware of, especially when we have powerful pullers like huskies.

Dodgy cotton leashes with cheap chrome die cast snaps are a big no go for me. Firstly, cotton or webbing leashes can cause issues if the dog pulls suddenly on the leash as they are harder to get a grip on, and if run through your hands quickly you can get quite bad rope burn. Sometimes this can cause people to drop the leash allowing their dog to run free. There is nothing like holding a well made leather leash in your hand! It's much easier to grip and so much nicer to hold.

The problem with leashes that have those cheap die cast snaps on them is the hole in the bolt, this is where these snaps fail, they give no warning at all. They do not break under the weight of your dog, they break due to shock loading which is a sudden increase in load that shears the head off the bolt. This occurs when your dog lunges and hits the end of the leash. I've had it happen to me with dodgy snaps so I am very wary of it.

I bought my leashes from a trainer who trains police dogs/personal protection dogs as they are the best quality leashes you can buy here, the snaps are very well made brass snaps. They can handle the pressure of a German Shepherd lunging on the end of the leash when being trained in civil agitation so I know they can handle my two (LOL).

Aside from the safety thing, I love holding a nice leather leash, mine have lasted for years and are so nice and soft to hold! They look great too :)

Bought one of those a few weeks ago, only problem i have is it getting caught between NEO`s legs. Walking harness on order from culpeppers so hopefully that should sort it out. Only use it for allowing NEO a run around on the field. Still only 5 1/2 months so dont want to over do things.

I can't see the links Nix - they aren't working for me for some reason :(

I only ever use high quality leather leashes with well made brass fittings.

The danger of leash breakage is something that everyone should be aware of, especially when we have powerful pullers like huskies.

Dodgy cotton leashes with cheap chrome die cast snaps are a big no go for me. Firstly, cotton or webbing leashes can cause issues if the dog pulls suddenly on the leash as they are harder to get a grip on, and if run through your hands quickly you can get quite bad rope burn. Sometimes this can cause people to drop the leash allowing their dog to run free. There is nothing like holding a well made leather leash in your hand! It's much easier to grip and so much nicer to hold.

The problem with leashes that have those cheap die cast snaps on them is the hole in the bolt, this is where these snaps fail, they give no warning at all. They do not break under the weight of your dog, they break due to shock loading which is a sudden increase in load that shears the head off the bolt. This occurs when your dog lunges and hits the end of the leash. I've had it happen to me with dodgy snaps so I am very wary of it.

I bought my leashes from a trainer who trains police dogs/personal protection dogs as they are the best quality leashes you can buy here, the snaps are very well made brass snaps. They can handle the pressure of a German Shepherd lunging on the end of the leash when being trained in civil agitation so I know they can handle my two (LOL).

Aside from the safety thing, I love holding a nice leather leash, mine have lasted for years and are so nice and soft to hold! They look great too :)

hereas the link agen just incase

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/SILVERDRAGON-SALES__W0QQ_armrsZ1

it will only b used for over the feild and ill b runnin with him also so not too worried bout sudden bursts ov energy its just so i can c how far hes actually goin cuz on the retractables there have bin countless times when the lead has just bin ripped from my hands and hes even pulled me over from it once rly hurt it did lol

Sorry nix, didn't mean to say your leash was dodgy (I couldn't see it so I had no idea if it was or not) just thought I'd add my two cents about leash breakage so that people knew what to look out for, it is something that I am a bit paranoid about.

Sorry nix, didn't mean to say your leash was dodgy (I couldn't see it so I had no idea if it was or not) just thought I'd add my two cents about leash breakage so that people knew what to look out for, it is something that I am a bit paranoid about.

oh no i no u never i was just sayin that when he runs ill b runnin with him i just think this will b better as ive had the retractable ripped out my hands loads ov times as u dont no where it will finish if u no what i mean :)

ok so product reveiw! I LOVE IT!!!! only had 1 incident but that was either let go ov the lead or let it hit my mums m8s daughter but he was only runnin around after bingo anyway had a few bursts from him but it held n didnt snap he loves the ridiculously long freedom he had and i loved not gettin yanked every 2 mins i think it was 1 ov the best investments ive made only bad thing is wrappin it back up after lmao :P