Male or female?

mrbrycel

I've had my heart set on getting a male, mainly because all the dogs I've ever owned were males, and I guess it's more like having a son than a daughter. I never really considered a female, but I wonder if I should? When my dad got our border collie years ago, I remember we went to the breeder with the intent of getting a female, because they were supposedly more tame than males. But we ended up getting a male, had him neutered, and he was as tame as can be.

What are the differences between male and female Huskies?

My experience so far, with several different breeds is that males are more loving and cuddly.

With regard to Siberians, after having a male for 15 years and now having my Rynnie girl (whom I love with all my heart), I have to say that I honestly feel that males are more in tune with their owners. As Sarah stated, Ryn is definitely more independent than Bo ever was.

Bo was much easier to bond with, while with Ryn everything is challenged and 'questioned'....though Ryn has become much more loving since I had her spayed. I write some of it off to personality differences, but even watching Gi with her pack, I've noticed stronger bonds between her and the males of her pack. (Maybe its just human females that prefer the male Sibes, I don't know)

Yep, lol, I get along better with my boys than with my girls! Not sure if it's because of being opposite gender, we aren't competing as much? A lot of it is individual personality, though. I have several boys that love to push my buttons, and also girls (including Rynnie's mom) who are quite cuddly! Shad (my reigning male) quite obviously adores me, loves to be near, yet isn't openly affectionate. He seems embarrassed if I want a hug or kiss in public!

I had my heart set on getting a girl after I was told they were less dominating ...... But....then we went to look at the pups and I fell in love, almost instantly, with a tiny thing that looked more like a guinea pig than a dog, and had a white squiggle down it's back. I don't know what else made this one stand out but as soon as I picked him up that was it.....don't fret too much about boy or girl....when you meet your pup you'll know its your pup....then ask the sex! :)

Someone once told me that the dogs pick their owners in some bizarre fate kind of way but depends on what you believe to whether or not you think that happens.

I had my heart set on getting a girl after I was told they were less dominating ...... But....then we went to look at the pups and I fell in love, almost instantly, with a tiny thing that looked more like a guinea pig than a dog, and had a white squiggle down it's back. I don't know what else made this one stand out but as soon as I picked him up that was it.....don't fret too much about boy or girl....when you meet your pup you'll know its your pup....then ask the sex! :)

Someone once told me that the dogs pick their owners in some bizarre fate kind of way but depends on what you believe to whether or not you think that happens.

My baby Shadow (girl) is full of licks and cuddles,Marley can be when he feels like it or is after something,and Tia our new girl is surprisingly loving too even though we've only had her for 4 days and she's not had a very good start in life.

So..wouldn't swap marley for the world,but.......Girls Rule!!! yah :)

When I've had litters of puppies, I've often found that the puppy picked "their" person! Don't know why, but frequently a puppy would glom on to a particular person - it usually seemed to be a pretty good match! biggrin.gif

I also think puppies will choose their human family if given the chance.

I have both, Ozzy (male) loves cuddles, hugs and kisses - but on his terms. I adore cuddling with him, he leans into a cuddle and doesn't try to break free.

My little girl Micah on the other hand loves attention and being touched and tickled, but doesn't like to be held, so she just gets quick hugs and kisses and lots of belly rubs instead :) .

my girl has never had PMT tho shes only had 1 season so far - so i dunno if that will change - she can be a 'bitch' but shes my baby - shes very cuddly with me but thats about it - and shes much more obedient and easier to train - thats probs cuz she loves her food tho

my male hes a cuddle bunny but he does prefer his space most of the time too n chooses to sit out in the back garden most of the time

my other male - tho not a husky is such a softie never leaves my side unless i have 2 go sumwhere i cant take him and he loves cuddles and kisses - but i do have a better bond with him then i do my other male