3 month old pup always hungry

jfry147

my puppy kaiser is 3 months now and seems extremely hungry at all times.

we are feeding him purina pro plan 3 times a day using the packets guidlines, plus a kong filled with some peanut butter and pro plan.

our vet and people we meet all tell me he is going to be a big dog, should we feed him more.

also, when we give him his food he eats it so fast, within 1 minute. is this normal?

thanks

my 14 month girl is still always hungry :lol: she never stops

i think what ur doing is fine - if you want to slow him down chuck a tennis ball in his bowl or get 1 of these ---> http://www.coolest-gadgets.com/20060519/bowl-to-slow-dogs-eating/ if you look around on google u might find 1 quite cheap

or even putting in water can help

They can eat their food really fast but it isn't recommended. I would suggest putting something in his bowl to slow him down such as a ball or get a bowl "slow feeder" so they have to eat around it. This will slow him down. Luna gobbled her food down fast as well, but she seems to be slowing down now. I would be careful to over feeding him. If he is gaining weight and doesn't seem to be shrinking, I would keep with the amount you are feeding him.

my puppy kaiser is 3 months now and seems extremely hungry at all times.

we are feeding him purina pro plan 3 times a day using the packets guidlines, plus a kong filled with some peanut butter and pro plan.

our vet and people we meet all tell me he is going to be a big dog, should we feed him more.

also, when we give him his food he eats it so fast, within 1 minute. is this normal?

thanks

If you've ever noticed obese dogs, they're like that 'cause owners give in and think it's ok because the dog is hungry and wants the food. Don't give in too much with him! :lol: Puppies need food, but i wouldn't over do it. Huskies have great metabolisms and don't require an exuberant amount of food.

Like nix says, you can get certain bowls which force the dog to eat slower or adding water makes it into a soupy meal so he'd have to take his time.

I think always wanting food does not always equate to always being hungry. Yesterday right after mine had their dinner Jackson snatched half a sandwich off the counter by pulling at the paper towel it was sitting on. Sharp knife and bits of bread left on the floor but the meat was gone! He has also eaten a bunch of bananas just because he could, and likes to steal raw potatoes out of the pantry when it's open, but hasn't eaten one. I think part of his issue is he was not fed regularly and then when he was part of a larger pack may have had to fight for his food. He will do anything for treats, except come back. Going to try a dish separated in four parts for his dinner tonight to see if that also slows him down some as he learned to dump the bowl with the blocks in it.