Tooth clicking/ crunching?

Comeflyaway

Kaya is 4 and a half months old now. She's been teething for a few weeks now, and has gotten all her adult teeth in the front, top and bottom. I'm not sure about the back, though, it's hard to explore. But within the last few days, she's been making a strange sound. It sounds like she's crunching down on something hard, like a wood chip from outside or a stolen treat or something. But she'll only make the noise once or twice, and then stop, and when I search her mouth I can't find anything. Thoughts? A friend told me that sometimes puppies can end up with a misaligned jaw if they're growing quickly/ unevenly, and that it may need to be realigned by the vet. Has anyone ever heard of that? She doesn't seem to be in pain, and she's better able to eat kibble and treats than she was a few weeks ago.

Echo did this for a long time.

I think it is a molar. She would wake

me up in the middle of the night doing it,

and I would check her mouth and find

nothing. She is almost 8 mos now, and

I think she has all of her big girl teeth and

she has not done any grinding in a while.

I just figured it was normal teething behavior.

Are you sure the front Canines have come in? This is normally the last of the teething cycle.

It should be ...

1: Incisors

2: Pre-Molars

3: Molars

4: Canines

Dakota is just going through this and she has stuck to the normal pattern, her last molar went a week ago shortly followed by

her first Canine.

You cant normally see a hanging tooth etc, if its a clicking sound its most likely the molar. Look for any signs of bleeding. I wouldn't worry yourself

they are good at sorting this out themselves :)

Best Regards

Rich & Kody

You guys are so right. Kaya lost two teeth yesterday, and there was a third laying in her crate with her when I let her out this morning.

IMAG0545.jpg

Poor thing was so uncomfortable yesterday. She was pawing at her face like she was trying to pull her teeth out. Would have helped her out but she wasn't having that. I'm sure she'll have it all worked out soon.