Sign in to follow this  
Staceybob

....Should I spay Aleu?

Stacey, just to set your mind at rest. Since we started SHWA(UK) four years ago (next week) we have had something like 300 dogs/bitches speyed/neutered. 100 of these were done at our own vets here in London. Not one has had a problem with the GA.

GA is a risk, but probably less than breaking your ankle tripping on the kerb outside your house.

If cost is a major problem, bring her down to our vet - they charge us rock bottom prices.

Mick

Well what I meant by wanting to see what her pups would be like, it's a very small childish part of me that I know I should ignore (doesn't help when you have a 6 year old alter in your head going omg but it would be so cute!!!).

I know that I should get her spayed really. Like I said, even if I wanted to breed from her, it wouldn't exactly be "convenient" till after Robyn had finished university anyway, by which point she'd be around 7 years old and I wouldn't really want to breed from her when she's heading towards seniorhood lol.

I will keep telling Sammy that the puppy thing isn't going to happen or I will get Robyn to explain it to her (it can get pretty complicated as you can imagine).

What kind of price would I be looking at Mick? I would have to see what it would be like against the travel costs.

Stacey xxx

Just had a look at the petrol costs to London. It would cost us about £30 each way so roughly £60, so it may not be worth the trip down for it.

Thanks anyway Mick.

Stacey xxx

EDIT: Modified my first post because I think people are getting the wrong end of the stick.

Stacey I was exactly like you when talking through getting Nukka done. I also have some vet nursing expereince and know all the risks along with GA and surgery. I was an utter MESS the day she went in, balling my eyes out walking away and leaving her there.

When it comes down to it Im sooo glad I did it and when I did, she'd had two messy seasons and we'd had all the inconvience that comes along with that and I just kept looking through all the rescue sites FULL to bursting of all those lovly dogs needing new homes and I knew in my heart dispite the risk to my little girl its best off all round that she is spayed now, the op went smoothly and now shes fine again and all the hairs even grown back so you cant even tell shes been touched!

At the end of the day you know its the right thing to do you just have to make sure you have plenty of things to distract you while shes in the vets.

Hugs hon, and hugs to little Sammy too, maybe you could get her a puppy from the bear factory as a consolation for not having Aleu puppies? :)

Hugs hon, and hugs to little Sammy too, maybe you could get her a puppy from the bear factory as a consolation for not having Aleu puppies? :)

That's a really good idea actually. I'll suggest that to Robyn. Thanks for your input. I'm pleased to know I'm not alone in how I feel.

Stacey xxx