Hissing Husky

bonniek

Wow...that's interesting. Like pp, if you have a cat in the household she may be imitating them. Other than that, I have no idea. I do have a cat that growls though...but that's only when she's extremely irritated by the other kitty. My mother in laws shepherd lives with cats and acts like them all of the time.

Hi, I am new here and found this forum while searching this topic. I have never heard of one that can hiss, but ours sure does! I have had a few people ask if he has some wolf in him because wolves hiss. He is about 5 inches taller than the "norm." But he is still about average weight at 63lbs. He is just very tall and skinny.

Karmas doesn't hiss alot but it scared the living daylights out of Finn when he first heard it..........lol, poor baby.

She did have a cat at her previous home and I have those thoughts of learned behaviour, as we do own a highly superior intelligent breed now don't we! lol :D

I knew I couldn't be the only one with a Hisser!!!

Karmas doesn't hiss alot but it scared the living daylights out of Finn when he first heard it..........lol, poor baby.

She did have a cat at her previous home and I have those thoughts of learned behaviour, as we do own a highly superior intelligent breed now don't we! lol :D

I knew I couldn't be the only one with a Hisser!!!

MAx has never been around cats though. He is just silly. ;)

• 3 years later...
  • 8 years later...

My Husky has been hissing at his brother! I’ve never heard of this either I kept hearing it the other day but I was so confused but I just watched him do it! Him and his brother get very annoyed with each other so I’m assuming that is why cause he only does it when his brother is whining.