Gallery updated

Marc

OK Guys, the gallery has now been updated to a very new version so you will find that it looks a lot different. I'm not going to be writting tutorials on how to do things at this time, however will be doing so tomorrow and over the weekend.

What I will do though is leave you with some info:

1. The gallery images are no longer restricted to 1024x768, however you will have to ensure they are under 2mb (2048kb) in size in order to upload them. If your unsure, stick to what you are doing now.
  2. You can multi select images to upload in blocks of 10 at a time and you will be able to see them uploading and their progress. However you will still be left on the upload page once they are done so you can upload another 10 and so on and so forth. After you are finished simply click on publish to review and add all your images to the gallery you chose.
  3. You can now upload from pretty much every page in the gallery.

Enjoy the new look, and will get some more information on here tomorrow.

Regards,

Marc

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FYI - Not a big issues but on my Android handset i use the forum a lot but i use the 'husky owners v3.1.4' not the mobile version, it now appears very widescreen. This doesn't happen on the laptop or pc but just thought i would let you know. It appears to be because there is no scroll bar on the bottom of the recent images (again thats on the mobile phone only.)

The gallery looks much much better. Thanks for the update

Tried uploading a pic and after I selected the image nothing happend. Click on the link to switch to the basic uploader and nothing happened either. I'm running FF4b10. It has been running very stable here but it might be the problem. When I wanted to try it with other browsers I couldn't reproduce it however. Including FF4 :mellow:

Edit: Yes, I can now have the same problem in Chrome. Although I can upload, the switch to the basic uploader doesn't do anything

Edit2: Now I can't insert any enters a>

Tried uploading a pic and after I selected the image nothing happend. Click on the link to switch to the basic uploader and nothing happened either. I'm running FF4b10. It has been running very stable here but it might be the problem. When I wanted to try it with other browsers I couldn't reproduce it however. Including FF4 :mellow:

Edit: Yes, I can now have the same problem in Chrome. Although I can upload, the switch to the basic uploader doesn't do anything

Edit2: Now I can't insert any enters a>

May need to check your settings Jos ... Can both switch to the basic uploader and upload with the main uploader using Firefox 4b11 and Chrome. Can only assume this is what the problem is unless there was a fix in the minor version update between 4b10 and 4b11..... Chrome is what I have been testing every image that I use the gallery with so I know this one works without issue. Again would suggest this may be flash as it is a flash uploader that launches a windows file picker.

May need to check your settings Jos ... Can both switch to the basic uploader and upload with the main uploader using Firefox 4b11 and Chrome. Can only assume this is what the problem is unless there was a fix in the minor version update between 4b10 and 4b11..... Chrome is what I have been testing every image that I use the gallery with so I know this one works without issue. Again would suggest this may be flash as it is a flash uploader that launches a windows file picker.

I'm not sure. I think it's partly a flash problem because the button (flash) decided to completely freak out in Chrome with the graphics. Flash on an 64bit OS always has been somewhat funny. By the way, I meant to say b11, not b10. It seems to be working now so I blame Firefox for it. The "Try switching to our basic uploader" still doesn't work in both FF4b11, FF3.6 and Chrome, no JS errors. But that isn't so much an issue (for me).

I'm not sure. I think it's partly a flash problem because the button (flash) decided to completely freak out in Chrome with the graphics. Flash on an 64bit OS always has been somewhat funny. By the way, I meant to say b11, not b10. It seems to be working now so I blame Firefox for it. The "Try switching to our basic uploader" still doesn't work in both FF4b11, FF3.6 and Chrome, no JS errors. But that isn't so much an issue (for me).

The basic uploader text I think is left over from the old version. Dont think there is an option in the new one tbh. I also run x64 and have no issues with flash anymore. You tried "format C:"? LOL Sorry but not often I can say that and someone knows what I mean LOL.

On a more serious note though, might be worth trying the cleanup utility from flash if you have anymore issues then reinstall from scratch. Have had problems in the past with adobes updaters.

The basic uploader text I think is left over from the old version. Dont think there is an option in the new one tbh. I also run x64 and have no issues with flash anymore. You tried "format C:"? LOL Sorry but not often I can say that and someone knows what I mean LOL.

On a more serious note though, might be worth trying the cleanup utility from flash if you have anymore issues then reinstall from scratch. Have had problems in the past with adobes updaters.

Actually, I DID format C:\ and installed Linux over it :lol:

Adobe doesn't support 64bit Flash on Linux any more, hence (I believe) it's now working through some kind of wrapper. But it does all work fine, except for that one little button on this site in Chrome only :lol: I can click on it though

[ATTACH]7815.IPB[/ATTACH]

post-2355-13585961111322_thumb.jpg