Zara's first time

You know it is MEANT to be summer here which usually means that i would be hiding inside with the dogs under the air conditioner. But today is a nice 16C degree's and i was kind of bored and i wanted to get out of the house and work on my fitness. So i decided to take Zara out for her very first run with the bike. as soon as i got it out Phoenix knew what was about to happen and got super excited so i took him out first since he is so easy with the bike, we havent used it in over 6 months! but it was like we hadnt stoped using it he fell into his rythm and we went for a nice fast run. i just mapped it out, we did 1.37kms ( 0.8miles ) which for the fact it was our first time out in awhile at any speed was a good short first run.

Zara has never been out with the bike before, she turns one next week! so to help calm destructopup/pupsqueak/mudpuppy/snugglepup/whimperpup we went for a run. it took her a litlle to get used to the bike, i kept it short for her first time but she did well, i only had to shorten the lead to stop her going in front of the wheel but otherwise she did great for her first time. i didnt take her out as "far" as i took Phoenix i only did .79kms ( 0.4 miles ) with her but i may take her out on that "circut" again later funnily enough as soon as we got back she went straight into wrestling Phoenix and is now asleep, so i think it worked lol.

i figure i will keep her at that distance and do it twice a day for a week or two and then slowly increase time and speed, the same with Phoenix, only on the days that it is 16C and under. The state husky club dont run their sled races above 15C degrees.

The Husky Club have some training days coming up next month which i hope to get to, at least on the Saturday, i will see how i go.