R.I.P Miley my baby girl

after a hard battle our beautiful baby Miley struggled and we had no choice but to put Miley down last night after she suffered a suspected heart attack.

im just going to write a small piece about her and her life. The last week has been tremendously hard on me and my girlfriend but last night was the first time was saw visible pain on her and that was enough for us to make the decision. at 18 months of age as you can imagine i feel distraught hurt broken a million things that i wouldn't wish on anyone else.

we rescued Miley at 8 weeks of age from care. she was a fat little thing that we fell in love with straight away she was welcomed home and lets say her first few months as a pup were difficult as she was a little bugger. after lots of play and fun and love and care she calmed down and started to become the well loved dog that i will always remember for. Miley had tons of friends from Huskies to Mastiffs never disliked any dog and always showed love and compassion for others she adored attention and if you gave her attention she was your friend for life.

miley really developed into my partner in life as i used to take her with me to everywhere i could every day and she would watch and enjoy meeting people daily always making people smile with her charm and character. when i say she had character she had huge amounts of it everybody knew miley from the park to my work nobody didnt like her. she sometimes may have been too excited to see people sometimes but i like to think that the reason for that is she had so much love to give and wanted to share it with everyone.

if i ever missed a walk or left her for too long i got the silent treatment which everyone thought was so funny as most of the time i was her loving dad and i treated her as my own child.

for anything she did as a naughty pup she made up for when she had started to grow up always offering a paw for any wrong doings we could never stay mad at her. when she was a little over a year old we got logan whom she didnt really take to straight away but over the last few months became the best of friends always chasing each other and beating each other up we have so many videos and pictures of these happy memories to be thankful for.

unfortunately her life has been cut short due to aggressive tumours found in her neck only 8 days ago. something extremely rare in a dog of that age. her last few days with us was very hard watching your dog go from the happiest dog in the world to not being able to stand or recognise you in a short few days is a pain like no other but i know over her life we gave that dog more love than most dogs get there entire life. being there with her in her final moments was a privilege some owners dont get sometimes im glad to say i got to say good bye to my best friend i will ever have. no one will ever replace the piece of my heart you have taken but im glad that you have taken it and to say that you were my dog and i was so proud of having you. like nothing else in this world our time with miley was a feeling of love i dont think is experienced by many though you have been taken away from me far too early the 18 months were the best of my life and i will never forget them.

for now miley run free your pain has gone. chase all the squirrel you can one day ill be there to play again i know you will be waiting ready to greet me with a fat kiss and i cant wait until that day comes.

R.I.P my baby we all miss you more than you can imagine life wont ever be the same. but you came into our lifes for the better and you have left your paws on our heart

Love you Miley xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

33553_454166347216_534117216_5878841_7465319_n.jpg67406_454166417216_534117216_5878844_4113518_n.jpg

165546_497876687216_534117216_6555254_7557015_n.jpg

22247_267720537216_534117216_3840836_8086669_n.jpg

34822_477002412216_534117216_6203543_7037394_n.jpg

7730_160868637216_534117216_3201439_640571_n.jpg

7730_142573007216_534117216_3032237_5420865_n.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Run free miley over rainbow bridge. You were taken to young but you will be free from your pain lil one. Sorry for your lose arron and family at least she isn't in pain now its always hard to say goodbye its been nearly a year since I lost tia are gsd but it still hurts every single day she will never be replaced. I send you lots of hugs I'm crying now. R.I.P miley you lil angel

Aaron I am so sorry. I am crying lots as I read this, with my 6 month lump sitting on me coz his dad is drilling and hes a wimp. but thankful for the cuddle and enjoying it too. your story has made me appreciate him more and to live for the moment, and never to take him for granted. with your permission I would like to write a poem for Miley. (may take me a few days)

Lots of Hugs, and love at this difficult time. RIP Miley, enjoy the rainbow bridge. xxxxx

So sorry Aaron RIP Miley :(

The Last Battle

If it should be that I grow frail and weak and pain should keep me from my sleep, then will you do what must be done, for this -- the last battle -- can't be won.

You will be sad I understand, but don't let grief then stay your hand, for on this day, more than the rest, Your love and friendship must stand the test. We have had so many happy years, You wouldn't want me to suffer so. When the time comes, please, let me go.

Take me to where to my needs they'll tend, only, stay with me till the end and hold me firm and speak to me until my eyes no longer see. I know in time you will agree, it is a kindness you do to me. Although my tail its last has waved, from pain and suffering I have been saved. Don't grieve that it must be you, who has to decide this thing to do; We've been so close -- we two -- these years, Don't let your heart hold any tears. xxx

It's been a short 2 mos since we had to go through this with our dog, - The pain is so fresh-

My wife and I are both in tears reading your story- we had to stop to love on both of ours (as confusing as that may have been to them)

Aaron and family - we send our prayer, our hearts go out to you in dealing with your loss.

You gave him the love, companionship, guidance and, you filled his heart, as he did yours.

If this time was all he was destined for, he would of chosen your heart, beside his.

Our thoughts are with you.

R.I.P Miley

George, Sheryl, Roxy & Kyra

Aaron, my heart goes out to you and your girl friend. I so hate when the life of one of the family comes to such a short end. Miley suffers no more. I'm a man, but reading your post, simply made me cry, and I don't mind admitting it. Zoya sends Husky Hugs.

George (Roxy1) and I are so very sorry of your loss, having feeling your pain such a short time ago.

Out thoughts are with you.

Rest in Peace Miley

Take a few moments to thank God for you pets. Enjoy and take good care of them.

Life would be much duller, less jouful experience without God's critters.

The 10 Commandments From a Pet's Point of View my-logo2.jpg

1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years; any separation from you will be painful for me.

2. Give me time to understand what you want from me; don't be impatient, short-tempered, or irritable.

3. Place your trust in me. It is cruicial for my well-being.

4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment; I am not capable of understanding why. I only know I have been rejected. You have your work, entertainment, and friends, but I only have you.

5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice and your tone when you are speaking to me. You only have to look at my tail.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I'll never forget it.

. 7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.

8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right foods or I've been out in the sun too long, or my heart is getting old and weak. I may be just dog-tired.

9. Take care of me when I grow old. You too will grow old.

10. On the utimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say, "You can't bear to watch". Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.