normal behavior for husky in heat?

Nerdgirl87

Does anyone else have similar experiences or know why our husky is being like this?

Our husky is a little over a year now and started her 2nd heat cycle 2 days ago. Since then, she's been acting very peculiar which I attributed to the heat cycle (being quiet and very emo, not being her usual playful self, moody). In the past 24 hours she's peed and pooped in the house 6 times which is NOT like her because she's housetrained and knows to hold it until we take her out or she'll whine. She knows she's not supposed to do it because she immediately runs into her cage and acts like she's done something bad, but she won't stop doing it. She doesn't whine or let us know she needs to go out, she just keeps making accidents all over the house and my boyfriend is getting really fed up with her at the moment and doesn't know what to do...

She's taken anti-diarrhea medicine and there's no blood or worms in her poop, it's just constant diarrhea and peeing. I know she knows better than this, but I have no idea what's going on with her. I thought at first she was acting out because she wants more attention, but it's happening so often...

Is this happening because she's in heat? Does anyone else have this problem????? Please help!

i know peeing in the house is a sign of being in season - not sure about pooping - tho if shes feeling under the weather due to her season i suppose that could be why shes pooping too

being moody and 'emo' (love that btw lol) is all signs of season aswell - pmt

just try n take her out as often as you can to try and avoid the accidents happening

Haha, she really is being emo and moody...one minute she's so affectionate and the next she collapses in front of us and won't make eye contact. It's all very dramatic!

If peeing in the house is a normal effect from being in heat, I'm going to have to tell my boyfriend. He seems to think she's purposely doing this for attention lol.

If her stools are loose, she's definitely not feeling well (I think they get cramps, too!), and the hormones can cause this, as well as the moodiness and being emotional. What are you feeding her? That can make a difference in how often she has to poop - I'm assuming that 6 times/day isn't normal for her? A RAW diet or a kibble that's high in animal protein and low grain or better yet, grain-free can keep the stools smaller and firmer, and the need to poop much less frequent.

Otherwise, try getting her out more frequently, if she's eating, you can give her a low-dose (formerly baby aspirin) aspirin or an enteric coated aspirin to make her more comfy - don't give any if she's not eating fairly well, though, or it can cause worse tummy/gut upset! Baby her a little, and consider spaying her, as previously suggested, in a couple of months!

She should be most attractive to males, and likely to be bred/get pregnant in about 10 days, give or take 3-4 days in either direction (they're individuals, and don't always do what they're "supposed" to do!, so be extra careful to avoid any chance she might get out - she's more likely to want to, at that point, where as a baby before, she wasn't as likely to...

We feed her 1 cup of Taste of the Wild twice a day and her stools were fine before she went into heat. I figured the hormones were probably raging in her by now from the way she was acting (people have been victimized by my own transformation into Mr. Hyde during that time of the month), but maybe she has cramps like you said. I'll try the baby aspirin when I see her.

moody & emo - excellent description!! :lol: our female changed her personality when she was in season, crying & whinging & was very hot all the time. This could make your little girl's poop runny & the cramps may make it harder to "keep it in" till you get home to let her out. Don't let your boyfriend get angry with her, I very much doubt she is doing this on purpose

B)

Thank you! Glad to be a part of the husky forum family now. Well I'm relieved the emo-ness of my husky and her peeing is normal. And I'm gonna go along with what you said and assume her not controlling her bowel movements is due to her cramps.

I think my boyfriend is just feeling overwhelmed from constantly cleaning up after her and not knowing why she's doing this, and probably slightly grossed out since he's a guy and doesn't have experience with girl cycles and such...the joys of being a female..heh heh

The Emo One is called Soju and hopefully the pictures of her show up below (forgive me if these pics are up somewhere else in the forum, the boyfriend might already be a member)

167801_10100099574234293_6237903_51279864_4708210_n.jpg

66222_952015970263_6237903_50059317_4580697_n.jpg

62192_937685149343_6237903_49665715_4278731_n.jpg

61955_937685608423_6237903_49665737_8092552_n.jpg