Please Help (Agression)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you all for the compliments!!! why can't i multi quote!?!?:mad:

yeah i love that pic :)

So yeah, I got an update and they said he is doing great, they think he is going to be a really good dog, they took him for a mile to 2 mile walk today and he is being very good walking at heel etc.

Really excited, next update is monday, when I go to visit him YAY!!:)

he's doing great guys we visited him today, he is walking at heel staying, and coming back to recall. He's still jumping a little, but were going to work on that, other than that he is being reallllllllllllly good!

he's going to stay until tuesday then he comes home. He is going to be soooo awesome. I'm so excited thank you all so much!B)

I'll let you know how he's doing on tuesday.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, sorry to bump this all the way to the top. I just wanted to let you know jakey is doing very well! he's sitting, walking at heel(sorta) and listening for the most part.

He still likes to jump on people(working on that still) He also likes to nibble on your hand or just hold it in his mouth.(working on that). He's being pretty good with his food and water in his cage, I learned a trick that if you spit in the food for about two weeks it helps them notice you as the leader because, leaders eat first. He didn't like it he pushed his bowl over, but after a few days he would eat it. That is working very well.

He hasn't been exercised much lately because I've been realllllly sick, but I'm going to take him for a 1/4 mile walk tonight so he should start to feel a little bit better. He's been very rowdy lately.

My mother has moved in, and she loves to rub his belly and play with him and invite him on the bed(no no for now), so I've had to teach her the correct rules.

I'm very happy with the progress we've made. I've been using the training collar (slip) and i've used the pinch on small occasions when he feels like really testing me.

He's a nut job, but he's my little lovable nut job and he's becoming a great dog. There is a school down the street i'm going to take him to that is fenced in and no one is there on the weekends, so I am going to let him run and play some fetch. It should be fun.

One question I have is, how are these types of dogs with smaller breeds like a pug? Do you think he would be okay with a little pug brother/sister?

Thanks for all your help everyone, Jakey appreciates is :D

Glad to hear everything is going so well. Sorry to hear that you are sick though. Hope you feel better soon. :)

As far as small dogs and Husky's I have read different things online. Some say they are great and some say they are not good with small animals. I guess it is one of those things that depend on the individual dog. Zihna is great with small dogs. As a matter of fact she rather plays with a smaller dog then a dog her own size or bigger. However, her breeder also had a few Chihuahuas (I guess thats how you spell that lol) So she was around small dogs from the day she was born. Then when I went to the dog park with her she always picked this one Italian Greyhound to play with if he was there. And if there were small dogs in the area for dogs 30lbs and under she would always run along the fence with them instead of playing with the larger dogs in the area for big dogs. Now she goes to daycare on Tuesdays and there is also a Chewienie (Chihuahua-Wiener dog mix) that is the same age as her and she plays lots with her!!!! There is also a pug and there is no problem. There is also an other Husky there that is also great with the small breeds. So from my experience I have had no problem but i would always be careful introducing new dogs to each other no matter what. Do you know anyone that has a smaller dog that you could let yours play with and see how he does. Or maybe just take them on a walk together to see how he reacts towards smaller dogs?

I kinda went: Ewwwwww gross when I read about the spitting in the food bowl thing! :lol: :lol: