How often do huskies poop?

Chemgrad08

It really depends on how much the dog is fed and on what as well as the individual dogs digestive system.

For instance a younger dog on a diet full of wheat and fillers will poop around the clock where as an older dog on a steady diet with little/no fillers say a raw meat diet will maybe only go once or twice a day.

So that may well just be normal for your new boy! :)

Our's is only 5 months old and she goes an awful lot! With the recent bad weather we didn't manage to clean outside for a few days and we filled a carrier bag!

That does sound like a lot, my two wouldn't be able to manage that and one of mine is a massive dog. I would take a look at how much you are feeding as I would tend to think that you may be feeding too much.

Anya is coming up to 3 months and is on Royal Canin junior because she needs the fat; she was losing too much weight for her age on raw so had to get her food that she actually wants to eat.

However, where she has been about 2-3 times a day (although it's technically 4-6 as she is a double pooper: "Here is a poop, wander wander wander, here is the rest") she has just been about 6 times in the last two hours and has been put to bed.

She's sleeping now because she's tired and because I am running out of stuff with which to clean up after her, but on this food (on which she is gaining weight and I might wean her off it once she is a bit sturdier for her age / height) she is basically pissing out of her bum.

Cheapo kibble - her stool was at least firm once a day, top quality dry food - it's POO SOUP!

Edited to say: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!! She is now whimpering to come out to go to the loo! Did she know what I was posting?!

Anya has at least learned that unless she whimpers for a good 15 minutes in a convincing "Seriously mother, let me out or I will turn my bum around and squirt it out at you" tone then she's is inthe cage at 8/9pm and not out until half 7.

At the rate of her pooing today though, I'm sure I will have to let her out at least once tonight.

and on that charming note, goodnight x

• 8 years later...

I am a 100% disabled Veteran.  I have sever PTSD and was advised to get a Dog companion.  I adopted a Siberian Husky a week ago.  He has only pooped once and then not very much.  He is fed canned food,  walked 4 or 5 times a day,  we run him three times a week.  I put some olive oil in his food (1 tbs ) and still he doesn't poop.  I feel his abdomen and there is no hardness, or bloating.  He does not seem to be in any pain or discomfort.  Is this normal, or should I take him to the Vet.

My girl goes 3x a day and when my boy isn’t having a GI flare up he goes 4x.

The only time he skips a poop is when he is about to have a tummy blow out. Then it is nothing but pooping. 

Can food only diet would cause serious issues with my pups.

He could still have a soft blockage. My boy had one and it was caused by leaves 🍁 and hair. LOL Does he strain at all when going? Is it normal color and firmness? What was he being feed before you got him? If his food changed that would cause issues.

I would get him checked out. Once a week is not good. Are you sure that is all he is going?

hmm,  I'm not sure that post was for real 😀

But with a blockage, there would be panting, discomfort, vomiting, etc visible...I think it's really uncomfortable...
 If the owner hasn't noticed any stress/discomfort signs with one poop in a week, how could it be! 
I suspect his dog must be pooping somewhere in far corner of yard or woods, in secret....(my dog always picks the farthest corner of the yard too, or behind a bush...he's a private guy).