Susan

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

omg susan, dunc im soo sorry to hear this :( *big hugs*

R.I.P Caspian

RainbowBridge.jpg

ETA: Cassie - if one of mine gets out even once - i make sure i do everything in my power to make sure it doesnt happen again - luckily none of mine have escaped the garden - but they have got out of the front door - now when the door goes we make sure all dogs are in the kitchen behind a dog gate b4 the door is even answered

i do belive the owner here is at fault - especially as they had been warned

nix well we do get them out the way but somtimes people walk in. Its not like the owner let caspian out on perpose she escaped even if you do everything in your power they can still get out if they try. Yes the owner had been warned we dont know how caspian got out but we know that it wasnt perposfull you can try and escape proff as i said but its not always good enough so i do belive its not the owners fault no matter how sad it is that caspian got shot.

Sue, Dunc, Saz, Marc ... so sorry to hear this, I know you can't blame the farmer, it's something we used to worry about when Myshka escaped & ran over the back field to the next village, a few farmers between here & there .... I hope Caspian is running free over the Bridge :(

nix well we do get them out the way but somtimes people walk in. Its not like the owner let caspian out on perpose she escaped even if you do everything in your power they can still get out if they try. Yes the owner had been warned we dont know how caspian got out but we know that it wasnt perposfull you can try and escape proff as i said but its not always good enough so i do belive its not the owners fault no matter how sad it is that caspian got shot.

Cassie I think you'll find your on your own on this one.

• People cant walk into our gate as I have a lock on it to ensure they cant.

• Im sorry but no, our dogs cannot get out even if they tried. Not unless they can suddendly learn to jump 2 foot higher than they ever have, learn to pick locks or manage to dig through wraught iron

• Lets say I ordinarily think my 2 are in a secure area and they do by whatever mean manage to get out. I would ensure I found out how they possibly could and fix the issue before they were allowed out again

• And to add to the point above, if it was to the extent I was told by a farmer (who are known to follow through with these comments of shooting dogs) that they would shoot my dog if they were found again, they they would not have been in that area again no matter how secure I thought it was and would have been walked instead.

And I sincerely hope with your comments above that you know the owner and Caspian

Yes the owner had been warned we dont know how caspian got out

And thats the second assumption I have seen on this forum tonight (no not both from you). Do not make assumtions because not only is it silly to do so when you dont know the facts, but from what I can gather from the original post your also incorrect.

I fully understand that some huskies do escape when they should not be able to as accidents do happen but 4 times in 2 weeks and the police involved in the escapes. I sent her owner an e-mail saying how upset and angry I was that it had happened again but without being abusive, I wont reply to what came back. anyway what has happened has happened and nothing can turn the clock back,. She has been a caring owner in all other ways, I was just angry and upset. So for me the subject is now closed .

Cassie I'm sorry but I strongly disagree with your comment my husky manged to jump are 6ft fence so I know but him on a lead and watch him when he is in the garden. If someone gets warned u would make sure it doesn't happen again a owner is aways responible for your dogs behavior as most of us know husky kill its there breed so why wasn't they watching the dog. Poor caspion rest in peace lil one gone before your time lil pup. Xxx