How Long should I walk my Husky and How much exercise do they need?

Machocopter

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Needless to say I agree with all the posts above. You CAN'T leave your husky outside all-day long. They are pack-oriented dog and will be the happiest if they're around their human family. And even if you say your yard is secure, what if people come and steal your dog?

And, once again, fifteen minutes isn't enough. My husky--Diamond--needs at least forty minutes to tire him out. Why do I need to tire him out, you ask? Oh well as everyone knows a tired husky is a very good dog. But a husky that lacks exercise is a total nightmare :eek: trust me, you don't want to deal with a husky that lacks exercise. Sooner or later they will drive you crazy!! >.<

well i include my dog in things that dogs do, like hiking biking, and camping. and she comes to work, and follows me around at work all day.. no medium to large breed dog should be inside.:headbang:

The way I understood the original poster's post, he was talking about getting a puppy and leaving it out full-time, which is what people are (rightly, in my opinion) objecting to. A puppy left outside alone for all but roughly an hour or two a day would be a very lonely, unhappy husky! I have a pack of 13 huskies, and there are several that strongly prefer to be outdoors, but again there are others who would rather be inside the house with me than outdoors anytime. Like us, they are individuals. Still, to get a puppy only to leave it isolated outdoors would be very unkind.