Bella won't stop peeing!!!!

Sarah

I'm going to scream soon :(

Bella my cat will be 7 in January and has always been fit and healthy - still is.

The last probably 2 weeks, she's been pissing on my leather sofa angry.gif Luckily as it's leather it's easy to clean but man my house STINKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm using all mannor of cleaning things but she keeps doing it!!!!

She's just done it now hence my thread.......i'm sat on the computer and she scratches at the sofa as if digging a hole then wee's

WHY is she doing this when she's never done this before

I can't have a cat litter tray as the boys will eat it and she has always gone outside to wee :(

Please help before i feed her to the pack (joking!!)

I have a male cat that loves to pee on dirty clothes no matter if they are picked up or not lol,

I totally understand your stress.

Cats are very difficult.

2 things

1st- any chance you recently changed her routine of going out?

2nd- have you changed her diet at all, or is there anything that she might be upset about you changing?

I dunno about Bella but if I change anything one or both of my cats get upset about it, and the younger one

does like to get back at me by digging at the carpet or pee-ing on things ocassionally.

symptoms of a urine infection:(thanks google lol) but she doesn't have any pain blink.gif she's not cleaning herself any different than normal either?

• Pain while urinating, frequent urination, small or no urine at all, are among the first signs to look for.
  • Excessive grooming of genitals, crying while doing it and blood in urine are almost certain symptom of urinary infection in cats and dogs.
  • If your cat has stopped using its litter box and urinates outside of it, you can suspect presence of UTI

no nothing has changed with her diet - she doesnt get any treats just her normal food - i thought she might have started peeing in the house because it's been so cold and icy and snowy outside (she's a wuss) and so took to going in the house? This morning i came down and she had left me a present on the couch too blink.gif

what's the best product to clean it with - we've got pet deodoriser etc but i'm wondering if she can still smell it and that's why she's going in the same place? weird though cause cat's dont like messing in their homes sad.gif

also check out the receipe for removing the smell of cat wee on google. Nothing on the shelf will totally get rid of the smell of cat wee. It involves white vinegar, 3% peroxide and bicarb, it removes all smells and is absolutely brilliant :D

oh - just answered the Q i just posted lol thanks +1 x

many moons ago a cat of ours had crystals in his urine, called something like struvite crystals (very unsure of spelling) no symptoms as such just noticed some blood in his urine in the litter tray. Had to be on a dry diet only no ham or treats etc as this had caused it, so maybe worth checking??? Hope you get it sorted hun x

You could also try "simple Solution" for cats, Ive not had any issue with the smell not going away or

with it coming back using this product. and I like the fresh smell the cleaner leaves.

Unlike the simple solution for dogs, Im not quite sure it deters cats from using the same areas though.

thanks hun - when i've been cleaning it up i've used kitchen roll to mop up and have checked but no blood. How the hell do i get a urine sample blink.gif lol

With great difficulty LOL. Only joking.... our vet gave us a kit LOL it consists of plastic balls and a pipette (I can see the look on your face now LOL)

Not as painful as it sounds, you just place these tiny plastc balls in a clean litter tray, so the cat still urinates thinking its litter, then once it has left you a sample you pop it in the pipette and off to the vet you pop :lol:

this is what we do with the dogs and cat.

in our entrance we have a coat closet that has turned into the area for the litter box and kitty food, we put up an extra tall pet gate(http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2755235) in the entrance to it so the pups can't get in, and it conveniently has a kitty door with it. we also put the litter box in a litter box hideway (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Homezone-Kitty-Litter-House-Espresso-Cats/11969264?sourceid=1500000000000003260550&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=11969264)

0082342063245_300X300.jpgpPETS-3764486t400.jpg