Some vids of Gizmo

Found out yesterday that we have a nature reserve around the corner from us :rolleyes: seems a great place to start practising directions etc with my boys. Ive decided that running with them would be the best way (and good for me too) to teach them. Im currently just starting by getting them going in a straight line (or running without darting in another direction!). Got some vids yesterday of Gizmo, what do you think? They are only short clips but we were running alot more than that (as you can tell in one of the vids as Im breathing heavy as I was shattered!

This first one was going uphill, was actually jogging uphill as I want Gizmo to learn to pace himself if you know what I mean:

[ame]

[/ame]

This was just a normal run, mostly going past other paths getting Gizmo to ignore them and not dart down them:

[ame]

[/ame]

This one I was absolutely shattered in! You cant see but when Gizmo crosses over the path there was someone walking towards us so we slowed down as we went passed and Gizmo didnt pay any attention to them which was good!

[ame]

[/ame]

wow, excellent idea.... I'm gonna have to show this to Rich. I walk Tala and Quinn while Rich mushes, lately Quinn has been lunging on the leash to run after the mushers. We are waiting for him to be a year old which works out climate-wise (Oct) but he really wants to go now! Rich can run forever and this will be good for Quinn. I love walking for miles and miles but I'd rather chew on glass than jog! LOL

run home, you must be joking I was shattered and my legs were like jelly, if I ran home I would have collapsed, lol

LOL i'm not a gud runner, my boyfriend is he jogs with Diesel but not Saskia she wants 2 run full speed lol so i brought some skates, i have fell over a few times but she loves it. i take her on my bike as well easier than running & skating she loves it, i only take her 4 half an hour a day thou (she also gets a walk) but she still dont seem 2 have enough she is high energy so i was thinking about trying her on the bike 4 longer but not sure how long 4 any suggestions??

LOL i'm not a gud runner, my boyfriend is he jogs with Diesel but not Saskia she wants 2 run full speed lol so i brought some skates, i have fell over a few times but she loves it. i take her on my bike as well easier than running & skating she loves it, i only take her 4 half an hour a day thou (she also gets a walk) but she still dont seem 2 have enough she is high energy so i was thinking about trying her on the bike 4 longer but not sure how long 4 any suggestions??

Bandit is like that - never ending energy! I would maybe consider taking her out for an hour on your bike if you can and I usually run around the house with Bandit and trow the ball for him which keeps him occupies, still doesnt tire him out but I aint started going out with him on the bike yet!

Leanne, she is at a good age for running I take Tia out on the bike for hours down the canal as long as they have plenty of water about an hour before you go and carry some with you she will be fine to run longer,I normaly just go until Tia gets fed up then head home :)