SO Excited!!!!

After researching huskies for the past six months I have had a small change of heart. I love the breed for their energy and personalities and while I can commit to giving the amount of time they need right now, 5-6 years from now when I have kids and its -19 C out I'm not sure if I could give the dog the exercise it requires to be happy and healthy, and that just isn't fair. When I am older, and have older kids that can share responsibilities it will be different and I will finally get my husky furbaby that I have always wanted. But for now I am going to go back to a breed from my childhood, a yellow labrador.

My link

I'm really hoping we can get her. I received my landlords approval today and sent off the adoption application. The only thing working against me is that the rescue is in Burlington, Washington and I live in the Central Okanagan in BC, Canada. So not only do I live in a different country, I also live about 7-8 hours away one way trip. I think she would be an absolute gem, and great with my birds and ferrets (and I wont have to be worried about high prey drive)

Hope you all can keep your fingers and paws crossed for me and don't think to little of me for not getting a husky :(

I will keep you all updated if they will let us give her her forever home!

Cheers

good luck with your lab :) why would we think little of you? - rather you didnt get 1 now then have to get rid of it - atleast you are waiting till you can give a sibe the commitment it deserves - if only more people were like you - please make sure you stay here tho - let us know how you get on with the lab and post pics too :D

I think you have made an informed decision based on your situation & wish there were more like you who put so much time & thought into it :up:

Everything is crossed for you adopting your lab, PLEASE post pics WHEN you get her home & stay around to let us know how you're all doing, xx

I think most here would agree, if you research and think you aren't up for everything it takes care of one right now, and admitting that and deciding against it even though you'd love one, that would make people think MORE of you not less :)

I'm sure you'll get your Husky furbaby when the time is right, I wish there were more people like you that do their research and decide what is best rather than what they want, kudos :)

WOW! Massive WELL DONE for actually thinking it aaaall the way through! I was JUST today saying that people who dont think about the future when getting a dog bug me sooo much, too many people get a dog then get pregnant and just get rid of the dog coz "they dont have time for it anymore" I just get soooo frustrated seeing those kinds of adverts on freeadds and think why didnt you think about that BEFORE you got this dog!

Far from thinking less of you I admire you ability to be totally honest with yourself and put the welfare of a dog ahead of your own desire!

I really hope you get your labby girl and do still stick around here and post up pics let us know how you get on this forum is for husky lovers as well as owners! Everything crossed for you hon and let us know how it goes! :D