So unhappy :(

KERNOWHUSKIES

Sorry to hear you are so unhappy Ems *big hugs*

Being someone who has moved far far away from home, it is not always easy. Granted moving from the South to the North isn't that bad but there are a lot of things to think about. The most difficult hurdle you will have to overcome is getting a place to live with 3 huskies. That will be no mean feat, but I have found with lots of perseverance anything is doable.

I am a firm believer though in not staying somewhere that you are not happy, whether that be work life or home life. I tell my staff when they are whinning about this and that, that if they are that unhappy then by all means find another job. We are the makers of our own happiness so do what your heart tells you and don't let you head lead the way all the time.

Everyone told me I was crazy moving over here. I left a very good paying job and a house behind to live with and marry a man that I had only met in person twice. But I was 23 years old and had already pulled myself up from the bottom once so I wasn't afraid to take a chance. Worse case I went back home with my tail between my legs and started over.

All in all none of us can tell you what to do, but we are all here to give you any support we can.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to add to this Ems, if you need anywhere to stay to come up here for interviews or to house hunt there is a bedroom here with your name on it hun-dogs always welcome too!!! xxxxxx

Thanks so much, there r so many hubs up that way im pretty sure id get a job straight away.

My mum wants to move back to Wiltshire to b with her friends too so it might b the case we put our house on the market straight away. Im gettin quite a few pennies so money wouldnt b a problem.

Yes i def take u up on that Diz, mayb just gring my Nooka boy tho. N thanks 4 the txt... i only got that when i woke up at half 6 this morning.

Again thanks 4 all ur replies, its made me wanna fo it even more now. :( will miss the beach tho

i moved away from my family- okay so its not as far as you but still 28mile away- which for me is far

i didnt fink id cope at all as i moved in with ian who already owned the house- i knew nobody except his friends...that was 5years ago and im still here now..........i speak to my mum everyday on fone bout 50times lol and skpye is also great

you will knwo what to do huni...like the others have said, follow your heart x x x x

i think your heart is already telling you what to do Ems.....there are some great beaches around here!!! i grew up walking on formby beach every day and Cornwall is great for holidays!!!!

look at these

http://www.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&q=formby%20beach&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi

I'd say you need to be somewhere that is on the outskirts of the town though (kind of like we are) we're right next to parks and greenery etc-I don't copy well in towns!!!

I really don't know what's the difference between the place you are and the place you're thinking off.

But a place labeled "nice" without really feeling happy in it isn't such a nice place to live in.

If you're feeling safe there, it isn't a problem.

Can't you bring over your friends from time to time?

If not, you have a chance to move back. However rotten a place may be, if you're happy staying in it, that wouldn't be a problem at all.

In the end, it boils down to your choice. :)

Stafford may not have beach - but we have Birmingham not far away, Derby, Nottingham not too far, and you'll be with people you love.

We all have our idea of a dream house, but that dream house isnt your full dream if you're not happy.

Do what makes you happy! I voted move! You'll be closer to us XD

Stacey xxx

I spoke to my Mum earlier and she has made the decision to put the house on the market n ASAP so no matter where i go ive gotta get thinkin now. Even tho i will b gettin a substantial amount of money i still couldnt afford 2 live down here anyway not without Mums house (no mortgage etc) SO its gunna happen.

I've had butterflys all day cos i havent told my Fiance yet............. i don't think he will come with me n 2 b honest i don't think he should. He used 2 live in Doncaster n moved down here a good 12yrs ago n his Mum n Dad have got a huge B&B in St Ives n r rollin in it so i can't see him movin away from 'mummy n daddy'. I want a clean start and that means with everything.

My mum is worried that i will get back in2 the drug scene if i move back up there but ive told her NO WAY would i eva get to that point again ive been clean for over 4yrs now + u lot r not in2 that stuff so it would b completely different.

I havent eaten since Sunday lunchtime n i feel like i never want 2 eat again (the tramadol helps) i know we have 2 have dinner 2gether 2nite so i think thats it too.......

I've had my own house before, mortgage, bills, well paid job, shitty landlord etc etc etc so im not new 2 this its just a bit scary, ive always seen Marazion as my little piece of heaven but im just losin that feelin more n more as the days go by..... hrs at the mo.

The thought of living up near Diz, Saz, Val, Dani etc makes me so happy................dont worry im not gunna stalk u all n buy a house 3 doors down :D i really like my own space, can't get enuf of it. A small village with a 1 bedroom cottage n the most secure garden i can get is on the cards n im so excited that it might actually happen. I never want children so don't need anymore than a 1 bedroom + i might actually get some snow n DEEP snow 4 my babies :)

Do they have 1 bedroom cottages up North ? Don't mean 2 sound daft but im so used 2 the cornish cottage thing.

Anyway i will let u know how 2nite goes......

WISH ME LUCK !!!

good luck ems - still think you should move to cov instead ;) lol - if u move close to saz n every1 - hopefully we will deffo get to meet up one day - its harder to meet when u live so far away

big hugs ems - dont 4get we are all here for u n we all love u very much and will do what we can to help you xxxxxxx

A new start sounds just what you need Emmily and you could note move near a nicer bunch, they will be like family to you, be there if you need them. i'm from Manchester and hope to go back one day but at the moment Dave as a good job here, he'd get nothing like it in Manchester.

your a lovely person and young, you can do any thing you want to hun so go with it and be happy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Em,

Where ever you live, where ever you go remember this:

Bloom where you are planted.......

Life is full of change, some good and some bad, but what ever change comes your way I know you'll still be the person you've become, not the one from the past. You can't go through things like you have without growing. Now, get that cottage and BLOOM!

Hugs,

B

Well said Becky..........

Ems, there is no way in a million years that any of us (husky family) would ever

a) leave you on your own

B) let you stay this unhappy

c) let you go back down that road again

At the end of the day Ems you need to be happy-life is far too short. We will be here for you-and I bet you we can find something perfect for you-10 sets of eyes are better than one!!!!

OMG I HAVE to stop having days out I keep missing really important stuff going down with my husky family!

Ems it sounds like your pretty set on moving now so dont need advice there but OMG please move near me! I need more husky people near me as my regular friends are all starting to look at me in that "OMG shes dog crazy!" way that you guys dont! OOOOH amazing thought you should buy the house next door to me! my horrible moaning neghbours apparently are looking to sell "in the near future" and the sooner the better if you ask me!

I'll get on the google search for cottages and jobs.. did you have a specific somewhere up north in mind? :)

Aww hun.. from reading your posts.. it really does sound like you are trying to justify a move to yourself.

From a family point of view - my mum lives in France and my dad, sisters and brother all live in Australia.

Yes, I miss them all and would love to be near them at times.. *like Christmas* but I have my own life and have to stand on my own two feet to live it.

I have learnt through life that money doesn't always make you happy.. but you do need it to live, friends *who are real friends* will stay with you no matter where you live, you work for about 40 yrs of your life, if you're not happy in a job as long as you can get another immediately or have enough money to cope without - leave, stress is something no one needs in life.

Your family are exactly that.. your family and should be supportive no matter the choices you make, they may not like them - but they will love you all the same.

Just one thing I would mention - getting out of a rut is something you need to do on your own - I know everyone on here would love you to be near them and I am sure all your extended husky family would love that.. but you need to make sure that whatever you do - is because YOU want it :)

I hope that whatever decision you come to - you are happy with it for yourself.. we all want the best for you - but we are not living your life hun.

Huge hugs hun xx

Nikki xx

Thanku to all ur replies......................................................

WHERES VAL ???????????????? :( She is the last person i need 2 hear from :(

Anyway....... I had a thought that when my mum buys a house in Wiltshire i could move in with her for a bit n then that will give me time 2 buy the perfect cottage n find a good payin job n find the best DOG PARK they sound like fun.

Then i would only b bout 3 hrsish from u lot instead of 8 !!!

Gotta go off to the hospital this mornin for some more injections.

I chickened out tellin him last nite, i thought it might b best if i leave it til after xmas......... wot do u think ?

Didn't know you felt like this Emily and feel guilty for not see this sooner you never came across unhappy when I meet you infact I enjoyed your company at camp :)

You gotta do what is right for yourself and am sure you will good luck with what ever you chose xxx