smells like stinky feet

Kissu & Aara

Kissu just came running in to my room smelling very strongly like stinky feet. It's an on going problem my mom has had with her austrailian shepherd and american eskimo. Every vet she's taken them to just blows it off. But Angel's gets so bad she licks her paws so much they bleed a little.

Right now, Kissu only stinks. He doesn't seem to have any irritations. They're fed different food. Kissu is on blue buffalo puppy chow lamb flavor. My moms dogs, for now are on some really cheap food that has corn as the first ingrediant. :/

Kissu got into their food on thanksgiving right before we went to my sisters to eat. He puked it up and then ate it before anyone could do anything about it. Then later had the runs. I'm really thinking its my moms dog's food. Kissu had never smelled like feet until after he ate some of their food. Not even when he was on purina puppy chow. So I'm blaming the corn. But my moms dogs have never been on the same food for more than 3 months. She figured it was corn so got them corn free dog food. Then she thought it was any wheat. Then any grain, and now wonders if its chicken or turkey.

But now since Kissu got it, she's wondering if its a fungus. Or if they got athletesfoot from my brother. I'm not sure if athletes foot can be transfered from human to dog. And my cats seem fine, though they don't get into my moms dog food. So, I'm really thinking its the food, cause if it was athletesfoot I would think my cats could get it too.

It seems obvious to me that they just need better food. Wondering what your opinions are or if you've ever gone through something like this with your dogs and what cured it.

Check ears. Sometimes a yeast infection in their ears will smell that way. Cover your finger with some cotton or tissue and stick it down in the ear and swipe. I'm guessing you might get some brown and black gook out of it. But, also, sometimes mine smell like dirty feet when they are wet, too!

if the dog is licking his feet constantly I would almost bet it's a food allergy. blue buffalo still has some grains in it and our dog would not tolerate this food at all. we feed taste of the wild which is completely grain free and we've never been happier with it. I'd check with the vet too in case it's the ears. but licking is usually the first sign of an allergic reaction.

Made the switch to TOTW on the 1st of december. Kissu and both of my moms dogs have shown improvements. Kissu no longer has the runs (though that may have been from something else), and my moms dogs have stopped with the head shaking. Their paws are still irritated, but we figure a week or two and they'll be as good as new. My mom feels terrible seeing what a difference its already made. Also happy to say my mom got hired for a job and starts work on Monday. So they will be staying on TOTW.