R.I.P. Butch

Im sorry but dont have any photos :(

This goes out to my rottie Butch who sadly didnt get to live much of a life :'( I had Butch as a puppy and he was so cute and fluffy. He had an almost black face and you could hardly see the tan markings on his eyebrows.

In the few months I had butch he had grown so much and was very well trained. We had him well socialized and we had started to get him used to the postman and got him to stop trying to eat the postman's hand as he posted the letters by allowing Butch to go out and see the postman for a quick pet and they started to get along really well. We had him trained to guard and protect us on command and walk nicely on the lead, etc.

At 9 months old we had him castrated at our local vets which we thought went well until Butch got very sick with Septicemia due to the vet operating under the influence of Alcohol :mad: and hadn't put the stitches in correctly and Butch caught the infection and got worse and worse by the minute. We had him transferred to another veterinary surgery, for obvious reasons, and they had put Butch on a drip, etc and still no improvement so then we had the difficult decision to make, do we have him euthanised or should we keep him alive and hope for the best? It took a long time to decide what was best and in the end, although I didnt really want it to happen, we had him euthanised :'( I can still remember holding him in my arms as he went to a better place and although I was in absolute tears I felt him saying "don't worry, I will always be there and will wait for you". I can still feel his presence now but stil miss him dearly

R.I.P Butch, love you loads <3 x <3

Well how sad , that has bought a lot of memories back for me . I had to have my rotti connie put to sleep and it has got be be one of the hardest decisions i had to make she was just over 11 years old so had had a good life but a long one with me .But you do what is best for them and her health was not good. As for that vet hope he was struck off..

Well how sad , that has bought a lot of memories back for me . I had to have my rotti connie put to sleep and it has got be be one of the hardest decisions i had to make she was just over 11 years old so had had a good life but a long one with me .But you do what is best for them and her health was not good. As for that vet hope he was struck off..

R.I.P Connie, she sounds lovely!

Yes, we went back to complain to the vets about him and found out we wasnt the only ones who wasnt happy! Many other people had bad experiences with him and put in for compensation, I was speaking with someone else who was with the same vets and that bloke was responsible for the death of one of her race horses! He did get struck off and went to court and was sentanced and given a hefty fine! Although we could have got alot of compensation, we didnt bother as I didnt want to have that sort of memory of Butch, although we did get refunded the vet bills.

Oh this kind of carelessness makes me so mad! There is no need to work dirty and infections are so dangerous now that we have antibiotic resistant bacteria. I hope the vet sobers up!

I am so sorry for your loss, it's bad enough when to loose a friend but due to such appalling behavior!

She was a great dog and most of all they become your best friends ...miss her loads ..but i have my sib babies now and love them all .

so true, even though I miss Butch so much, I still love my boys loads. Would still have butch now if it wasnt for what happened, would also still have got my 3 boys aswell though!