How did you find us??

@PonchosMom93
[emoji171]CONGRATULATIONS [emoji171] on saving your B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L PONCHO girl, and she saving YOU!!! Thank God and Amen!
*I see three invaluable priorities here, and assuming she is still somewhat of a PUPPY (age??).
1) HEARTWORMS: The heartworm MUST be treated by your Vet. I believe your Vet gives/does a procedure or gives a type of deworming medicine for PONCHO to kill & rid all heartworms currently in her heart. (After she's been properly treated by the Vet, then is where the HeartGard comes in to play...HeartGard is for the "prevention" and "guarding" of any future heartworms.) PONCHO can live a very happy & long life with having had heartworms...our German Shepherd had a bad case of then and lived a healthy life to age15.) So, it's so important to get her treated immediately by your Vet before starting the "monthly" HeartGard. Your Vet may let you have a payment plan if any procedures are performed.
2) DOG FOOD: PONCHO still needs to probably gain more weight if her hip/pelvic bones are showing pretty prominently. At this point, you can sample different types of dog food/raw food as everyone has recommended above. I have both my Huskies on Dry "Grain" (not Grain Free) Large Breed Puppy Food bcuz mine are extremely active. It doesn't really matter if it has grain in it or not. Grain Dog Food will be more affordable too. You can buy her some treats too like milk bones, bone marrow treats in a box, etc., to aid in weight gain. And you could do scrambled eggs daily vs every other day. Like what @BingBlaze n Skyla said about meat is great as well and lots of protein will help her growing muscles & bones grow stronger. Then some bulk foods to put weight on her. Do all this to get her at a healthy stable weight that will make her feel better & have more energy.
3) LOVE: Keep giving your PONCHO plenty of love and attention like you are doing. Keep giving her lots of reassurance and praise and let her know she is safe.
YOU ARE AN ANGEL SAVING PONCHO!
[emoji171][emoji178][emoji274][emoji179][emoji252][emoji171]

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

P.S. @BingBlaze n Skyla
Help. Can you please move my comment above to@PONCHOsMom93 ?? Thank you always so much!!🤗

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

• 3 weeks later...

I found it from looking on Google for husky owner sites just for huskies. I was getting tired of other forums thinking they knew stuff about huskies but never owned one [emoji2] So now I tell any husky owner I meet to come here [emoji4][emoji4][emoji3][emoji3][emoji16][emoji16] No one knows huskies better then actual husky owners [emoji4][emoji4]🤗🤗🤗[emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

Sent from my Pixel using Husky Owners mobile app

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I found this forum through google searching. I was panicking a bit about adopting our pup and just wanted more information about the breed :) We did have a husky cross previously but our previous husky came to us at 2-3 years old from the NWT SPCA and was very wild and had the instinct to run away as much as possible which ultimately led to her death (she was attacked in the forest by a cougar).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello!

I found this website when I was searching google for posts similar to my questions about my puppies coat. We weren't provided much information on our dog by the humans and it was a little odd. Many people always commented on how 'oddly' soft and large our Sibe was. So we went on a Google hunt for other Sibes like our Shiva. We came across a post on here from an account that wasn't active for I believe some years, but they had a pooch that was A LOT like ours, just different coloring. Thankfully this website emails when users receive messages and the other user was able to contact me rather quickly.

Sadly, their pooch passed away over a year ago, but being able to talk to the person about their experiences and showing pictures has been amazing!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

spacer.pngMy husky is a rescue dog and he has been having issues with diarrhea so I googled what to do and found your site.  I have read some very good tips on what to feed him, about him being skinny and about why his hair is so wiry.  Thank you for allowing us to join your site.  I feel like Apollo is going to benefit so much for all your information.  He is my first husky.spacer.png

51996452_2192922307625708_7787054214802309120_n.jpg

45281048_10213393907626217_1394887377809309696_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

How I found this forum, and why I joined...

Hey there, My names Sarah and this is my husky Skyy Blue and I. I found this forum just searching for husky communities on google. I signed up because

• recently Skyy has been having some issues.... with her skin, I think she still has a yeast infection I thought we completely kicked but recently she's been losing massive amounts of fur and compulsively licking chewing and scratching which I can't figure out if its her severe seperation anxiety becoming worse(if that's even possible)or if she has a new issue or the prior yeast infection I have an appointment scheduled with my vet but in the meantime I'm looking for any and all input from other husky owners weather it be a quick remedy to help her stop itching or opinions on whether or not to shave her. 
  • I think it would be fun to socialize her with other husky in my area. I have a chocolate lab mix as well (male) but sky tends to beat him up a bit to rough poor dog he try but just can't compete with her energetic super dominant female personality. he usually gets overwhelmed and runs away after a bout of play.
  • looking for tips to curb her aggression when it comes to other dogs and HER humans. my boyfriend and I have noticed a bad habit of Skyy and at first this only happened with me. if another dog(including the chocolate lab) approached me with any sort of curiosity, playfulness, or sometimes just walking by/around me and sky is in the vicinity shell immediately attack and start a fight. I've never enforced these habits as good and it only happened with me at first but now that my bf has been living with us for a year I've noticed she does it with him sometimes as well. but if I'm not around she's fine with other dogs.
  • there are so many more questions and situations that I could use help with so generally speaking I need husky people in my life to bounce ideas off of haha thanks

20180221_163747.jpg

20180219_054445.jpg

20180418_061824.jpg

20180401_160255.jpg

20180221_163038.jpg

20180117_021559.jpg

Welcome.

The itching and stuff could very well be food or environmental intolerances.

Don’t put her in a position to allow others to approach her. She is telling you she doesn’t like it. She may never like being around other people or other dogs.

If she is being aggressive towards the boyfriend, dump him. LOL dogs know when someone is good or not.

My male is protective of me. My girl could care less. I listen and watch his body language. If he is uncomfortable, everyone and everything stays at a distant.

However, when mine are acting like butts to just be a butt, I used Pet Corrector. I think I have only had to 3x. Now I just carry it to keep loose dogs from approaching.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...