Rainbow Bridge

Sarah

I love this. I hadn't heard the story but i pray to God every single day that its true because I lost my tiny baby, Shadow a week after getting him. It happened this Jan and it still hurts only no one seems to understand and i've ended up not talking about him anymore and unable to show what i feel. I have Azure now but I really really do pray that we'll be together again someday. Thank you for the story. Its a beautiful thought.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Just found a last verse to the rainbow bridge poem that has just had me sat here in floods for about half an hour... but so worth the read:

Some of them here by the Bridge are different. These pets were beaten, starved, tortured, and unloved. They watch wistfully as their friends leave one by one, to cross the bridge with their special person. For them there is no one, no special one. Their time on earth did not give them one.

But one day, as they run and play, they notice someone standing by the road to the bridge. This person wistfully watches the reunions of friends, for during life, this person had no pet. This person was beaten, starved, tortured, and unloved. Standing there alone, one of the unloved pets approaches, curious as to why this one is alone. And as the unloved pet and the unloved person get nearer to each other, a miracle occurs, for these are the ones who were meant to be together, the special person and the beloved pet who never had the chance to meet while on Earth.

Finally, now, at the edge of the Rainbow Bridge, their souls meet, the pain and the sorrow disappears, and two friends are together. They cross the Rainbow Bridge together, never again to be separated.

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

We lost our budgie today, she was 6 years old. 

She (Berry) had an egg attached to her which the vet removed though he said we will have to give her a few days to see how she is as he had to push all her insides back in.

I will miss the way she would say "Who's a pretty boy" (we thought she was a male) and make the beeping noise of the microwave. She has her eye's closed in the photo because it was taken after she had her surgery.

:rip:

post-9191-0-02857000-1361109559_thumb.jp

• 2 months later...

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigour. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart. Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together...

Thank you, Sarah. These words of Wisdom have found a place of welcome in my heart and I believe in the truth of them. I look forward to the day we are all re-united where tears will be no more (well, at least after the initial meeting on the Rainbow Bridge's other side . . . ) and time becomes eternity. I wait eagerly and I believe so do they. thank you for the reminder and the light in the midst of the darkness. It does help. Bless You! :rip: for now, :doglick: later . . .  Fr. Carmen OFM

just finished reading the addenda to the Rainbow Bridge. Husky Owner's Forum certainly know what Heaven is all about! "'There shall be no pain or sorrow upon all of My Holy Mountain' says the Lord" (Isaiah). No one gets left out everyone has a place all that's needed is choosing to be there. What wonderful hope! Everyone's a winner!! :clap:  :woohoo:  :bananadance1:

Carmen OFM

• 4 weeks later...

We lost our budgie today, she was 6 years old. 

She (Berry) had an egg attached to her which the vet removed though he said we will have to give her a few days to see how she is as he had to push all her insides back in.

I will miss the way she would say "Who's a pretty boy" (we thought she was a male) and make the beeping noise of the microwave. She has her eye's closed in the photo because it was taken after she had her surgery.

:rip:

I used to breed budgies years ago, an impacted egg is scary. I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. Budgies are sweet companions and fill the day with song and beauty. May she fly swiftly and surely in the Kingdom and shine brighter than the Sun! My deepest condolences to you may you both meet again happily across the Bifrost.  Blessings and Prayers.

I hope this is where by beloved dog nanook is .He was my first husky whom i lost 4yrs ago aged 12 with cancer :rip:[ATTACH]34126[/ATTACH] and i miss him very much

Deepest condolences on this loss! There are no words sufficient only the feeling of a broken heart. May the two of you meet happily when this journey is ended. Rest peacefully Nanook! May your halter shine brighter than the Sun more glorious than the stars run wild and free! :rainbowbridge:  :rip:

• 10 months later...

It is one year to the day almost to the hour that Tuvok journeyed across the rainbow bridge. The pain is a dull throbbing ache. You are missed my little one. Run wild, run free with Apollo, Hero and your "big sister" Ivanna. Happy Birthday in Paradise enjoy the good health the joy and everlasting contentment you so richly deserve. My love goes with you always. Thank you for all you are and all you have and continue to do. Hugs, Kisses and Tears! Love you, Boy . . . always

:lovebone:  :rainbowbridge:  :rip:

Carmen OFM

• 5 months later...