Zoya and the Cone of Shame

Mazz

Zoya was still not very happy this morning. :( She was giving me that "look" as I left her in her kennel when I had to leave to go to work. That last picture says it all. Good news is, that for the short amount of time this morning that she wasn't wearing the cone, she was acting pretty much like her old self. She ate all of her breakfast and did her business outside. All under mom's close supervision, of course. Then she took all her meds like they were treats! Zoya is such a good girl. I think she's in for some extra special attention over the next few days....not to mention a few extra treats too! :D

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really sorry but how big is that first frickin cone? it's HUGE!!!

It is HUGE, and Zoya really had a problem with it on, just walking. You can only imagine the sound amplification that went on with that funnel wrapped around your head. It's between 24 to 30 inches [61 cm to 76 cm] accross.

Just a quick post to thank everyone for wishing Zoya a speedy recovery. She seems to be doing fine. I imagine she will have a scar when all is said an done, but it will be a beautiful scar.

Poor little thing. Those cones are so terrible--loud, uncomfortable, no peripheral vision. My first dog--very intelligent, competent dog--who ended up just standing facing into a corner with the cone on because he couldn't figure out how to turn around. Or felt so bad he couldn't be bothered.

I'm glad Zoya is feeling better. Milla recommends liberal application of large pieces of raw steak. biggrin.gif

Poor thing! sad.gif She seems more miffed about the cone than the injury!

I am so glad Sally was there when it happened (can you imagine trying to figure out how in the heck she did that?!) and got the bleeding stopped quickly. Glad to hear she is eating readily, sounds like she's on the road to a quick recovery.

Hugs from all of us! smile.gif