"Oakley"

Chewbacca_&_me

There is a very nice lady from florida who may or may not sign in to HO.

I met her because when I was placing ads for my business she had an ad up about her husky named "oakley."

She is looking for a new family for Oakley because she is working alot, and because he has just gotten through treatment

for heart worms, and is somewhat disabled because oakley had a reaction to the treatment.

Feeling a bit overcome by what she wrote in her ad, I wrote to her. I told her that if no one had adopted Oakley before December

15th, due to his condition/paralysis or any other reason, that I would consider taking him myself.

Crazy I know, but I will have a larger home and yard, and once we get there it really wouldnt be too much trouble.

She wrote back yesterday, and we exchanged some 6-8 emails throughout the day. She told me that eventhough people had visited

oakley recently, she felt that they were not capable or trustworthy enough or knowledgeable enough, so she turned them down.

After our email exchanges, she seemed to be highly impressed with me for some reason, and her wording got 75% more positive

than it had been.

I dont know for sure that I will take oakley, but if not, I would like to match the $300 in donations that you gave to me, and give it to

oakleys owners for veterinary/therapy help for oakley.

Would anyone be upset if I did this? I want to help her, the way that you are helping me.

Im really glad you feel this way, because the way that she spoke and the signs she seemed to be giving off is that she truly loves oakley

and that the only reason she is considering giving him to someone is that she prob feels like she isnt able to do enough to help oakley.

I know that I can match the donations you all give to me by January 1st, 2011, and if she keeps oakley, i think it would be good to help her.

well, lol, I meant that your donations are still for chewy but I was going to "pay it forward" to help

oakley's moma out. No worries, Im not going to use the money for anything besides chewy.

Today I got updated.

Oakleys mom Kelly wants me to adopt oakley a few weeks after i get to FL. She says that she feels he

doesnt get enough time with her anymore, and that after some 23 people inquired about oakley

she feels that I am best suited (or will be soon) to take him.

So, I have told her that I will take Oakley. Im so Excited, I really hope all the goofy dogs like each other! lol

the money you have given me will be donated directly back to the forum as soon as we've gotten moved.

I promise that I will post pictures as soon as Kelly is able to send some.

• 2 weeks later...