Wanted husky proof fencing (if exists)

KSNS

Ok so cheapest i have found for this measurement is

YARD, GARDEN AND KENNEL FENCE 6FT HIGH - 30METERS----£144-67

My garden will need more than this to do whole thing but even if i section off abot 60 meters of it that will be big enough area for them

This is whta im looking at

http://www.4wire.co.uk/yard-garden-kennel-fence-high-30meters-p-213.html

if any one knows of cheaper supplier could you please let me know as I'm not a millionair yet lol

It looks pretty similar to what I have for my dog yard, Keath, and works pretty well. I have it mounted to 4x4 posts sunk into the ground, and 2x4s top and bottom to help keep them from going over or under.

One thing some people I know have used to help keep their dogs from trying to dig under or climb over is a low-level electrified wire about 6" out from the fence - just enough to give a tingle rather like a static electricity shock. It seems to work well for many of them. I tried one, and it may not have been strong enough - the pups I had at the time (about 4 months old) seemed to be daring each other to touch it, and when one would, she'd jump back, shake her head, and snort - then go back for more, LOL! biggrin.gif

Lmao. sounds quiet funny yea i was going to sink it in to the grond then pput some light blocks all around the edge so if they did decide to dig near the edge the block would fall in to the hole and not hurt them only some thing light but enough to deter them little lighter than a breezeblock perhaps

Believe it or not Keath when i 1st started out n i was skint i got a job lot of trellis and stuck that all the way round. Sakari bein the way she is i cant c her wanting 2 get through that, Nukka mayb a bit diff.

That was when i just had Scooby and she wasn't really in2 escaping back then so maybe ignore the above :blink:

It did work tho ! x

the bloke who did ours is great, cost abit but we did have the drive fenced across with big double gates, a smaller gate, the grass fenced off with a gate, the garden returfed ect and cost us around a grand, oh and new paving too which he did, can see if i can find the number for you so you can get a quote if he will travel to u if u want?

:) heres a pic, its not the best pic tho, the fence around the grass is shorter than round the outside of the house, but they cant get over the short fence anyway, think the short 1 is about 5ft and the other is about 7ft - tho uve seen our fence anyway when u came over for the godiva fest

29317_415390876680_714381680_4881118_3516457_n.jpg

cheers kell didn't see that role is it as strong thou..!!! a phone call will soon tell :)

Nix love the garden lay out it looks so cool. Problem is though if that cost you about a grand it would cost about 5 grand for me the garden really is massive when i drag you're ass down one time you will see but not till place is up and ready for visitors lol

That looks good Keath, I used something similar on one of the runs mine had years ago. I used this stuff as the top, the only problem I had was where the pieces met. Even though we wired them together they worked them apart.

I would say if using that to make sure you start and end the roll on one of the post instead of trying to join the ends together.

we have animal stock fencing in our garden which we have doubled up so it's 6ft high and then we have the hedge line.

we bought ours from Bartletts Country shops (think thats right) and it cost us about £200 with enough wooden steaks/posts (about 8ft high). Will get a photo if you want to see how we have it layed out.

just be mindful that dogs, especially huskies, like to climb & mesh that has horizontal wire can enable them to climb up the wire. Also make sure it is sturdy stuff, when Myshka was younger, we bought what we thought was thick enough chicken wire & doubled it over, she still chewed through it!! :lol:

• 7 months later...

we have animal stock fencing in our garden which we have doubled up so it's 6ft high and then we have the hedge line.

we bought ours from Bartletts Country shops (think thats right) and it cost us about £200 with enough wooden steaks/posts (about 8ft high). Will get a photo if you want to see how we have it layed out.

i have a cattle elc fence around my hedgeline but it got water in it not working now shame. would love to see the lay out pics.