Pupils different sizes :(

SaraB

We noticed as we were eating dinner that Siku's pupils are different sizes. One is big and normal acting and the other one is tiny. She was rubbing the eye with the tiny pupil about 30 minutes before we noticed. I don't think she's hit her head on anything. She did play with another dog earlier today and ran around a bush a lot. She may have gotten something in her eye, but it didn't seem to bother her earlier today and I don't see anything in her eye now. I'm going to wait and see what it's like in the morning. Hopefully it will be back to normal, but if not I'm going to take her to the vet. Anyone else have this happen to you?

Don't worry about it to much, this used to happen to Odin, i got worried and asked the vet as it happened afew time's. He said it's when they said it's when the light catches them on one side ot the head so in one eye and it was nothing to worry about xxxxxxxx

if it worries u ask your vet xxxxxx

Lyra's pupils occasionally do this too. One will be quite large, and the other will range in size anywhere from a pin head to slightly smaller than the other. We've asked the vet about this MULTIPLE times, and he says as long as she seems to be fully alert and conscious to not worry about it. He wants us to let him know if she seems confused or stumbles into things or is having seizure-like activity. It's happened maybe 3 - 4 times since we've had her. It could be that she's getting really excited, or it's a genetic quirk, and it happened after her rabies vaccine.

When in doubt ask your vet. If it goes on too long with Lyra I might get a second opinion. :)