UK Registry of Canine Behaviourists

Bec

Siberian_Wolf suggested I post this website in here as it may be a useful resource for those in the UK.

The UK Registry of Canine Behaviourists:

http://www.ukrcb.org/

Just to paste/copy what I wrote in SW's thread regarding the above website:

I have no idea if they are any good or not, but it looks like a good place to start. Especially as it is a group of behaviourists and not a franchise where you have no idea on the quality of the trainer you get - anyone can buy a franchise and complete what is normally a 2-4 week course to become one of their "trainers".

I had a read of some of the articles on their website and they sound like they know what they are talking about, while they lean towards positive training they didn't blast negative reinforcement/positive punishment and said it has it's place in dog training, which is good because you want to have a trainer who is experienced in all aspects of dog training and takes a balanced approach when it comes to the methods they use.

I always worry about trainers who lean completely to the extreme (i.e. 100% purely positive training or 100% correction based training) as it shows they have a limited scope. No two dogs are the same and you want a trainer who doesn't restrict themselves to one style of training.