Auto start/shutdown

MattSouthall

Okay I'm getting quite common on the forum bit but....:lol:

Can you set a start up time and a shut down time, I've had a look and the closed i got to was a shut down time.. sadly, it didn't work, know of any application already on my laptop that will do it or any software??

Much appreciated!!!

I'm running Toshiba satellite L450 - 181, windows 7

According to this site you can set it so that your computer will turn on at a certain time each day. Now this would not work on mine as the options were not there when I went into the set up. It may depend on your computer, as I am using a laptop.

http://www.astahost....ally_t7075.html

Here is another link

http://www.ehow.com/how_5845051_set-up-certain-time-day.html

to be honest with you matt, if you dont know what your doing and you go messing with your BIOS you could run into trouble, especially if you messing something up with you power management setting.

BIOS stands for basic input/output system. its basically a list of instructions that the computer uses when starting.

to get into your BIOS keep tapping delete on your keyboard when you start you computer, your screen will go blue with a number of options.

again if you dont know what you are doing i would not recommend this

Yep, it needs to be set up with the BIOS. But if you don't know what to do, you can just as easily mess your whole computer up with the same tool.

I know that there are tools on Linux to change the power management without using the BIOS. I'm not familiar with windows anymore but I'm pretty sure there is probably software out there to do the same thing in Windows.

I have my pc turned on to listen to 'wake-on-lan' packages. That way I can boot it from basically every other computer (even when I'm not home). I always have a little internet tablet (pda-like device) with me and whenever I get home, I press a button on my tablet and my computer automatically boots up for my. By the time I got upstairs it's already logged on. Laziness is the power of great inventions :rolleyes: