Agouti - Husky coloring

I've been doing a little research on this since Milla's coat has changed so much in the past week. I've found most of her guard hairs are banded. Some in the traditional agouti pattern (black, cream, black) but some are half and half: black near the skin and white at the tip. And, of course, there are hairs that are all white or all black. Undercoat is wolf grey. I wish I could get a good pic of her coat but she walks away as soon as I turn the camera on.

Does the presence of banded hairs mean she's agouti instead of black and white?

I don't think so. Some of Zoya's hairs are as you say, "banded", but she is clearly a black and white. Most of the photos I've seen of Agouti Huskies, they show a Husky with the same coloring over most of their body. White does not take on as much real estate as you would find on most Huskies. I'm not an expert, just my observations.

As an owner of an agouti, I'm confident in saying that your Milla is a black and white. An agouti's face is a lot darker, and their undercoat is usually cream or beige coloured instead of white.

Take a look at my girl Zoey for example:

34758_10150242097555595_529420594_13752397_2751734_n.jpg

Her undercoat is beige/cream instead of white, and her guard hairs are banded Black/Beige/Black. She also has a lot of tan colouring to her, and a darker mask over her eyes.