want a husky? watch this 1st

As a new husky owner, I'm curious - how often do you have to do that? What I have read says they blow coat twice a year and lasts about a week? Are there in-between times of moderate shedding as they get older? Mine's a mix and I'm pretty sure the other half (pointer) sheds quite a bit so I'm thinking he will more as he gets older?

As a new husky owner, I'm curious - how often do you have to do that? What I have read says they blow coat twice a year and lasts about a week? Are there in-between times of moderate shedding as they get older? Mine's a mix and I'm pretty sure the other half (pointer) sheds quite a bit so I'm thinking he will more as he gets older?

MIne blow twice a year, never at the same time -so it seems much longer. But they shed heavily all year. I have wooden floors and the corners accumulate little puffs -very nearly impossible to keep up with it, so for the sake of sanity I turn a blind eye when not sweeping LOL

I knew a weaver in Boston, who made a husky sweater!

I filled a dog toy with their hair once, a bad idea. It was Mukki's hair and Tala yelled a the toy and then destroyed it

Im not 100% sure yet Gizmo has blown his undercoat twice and is just finishing his second now. Marley and Bandit are just starting to blow thiers for the first time, at the same time, so Ive got my hands full! I think when they are puppies they dont seem to blow their undercoat, but I could be wonrg so dont quote me on that!

When they do blow their undercoat you will know about it, you will be grooming everyday and they will soon look a mess again. Gizmo looks like he's never been brushed when he goes, not sure about Marley and Bandit yet.

I have a similar video of Micha:

[ame]

[/ame]

You get some really idiotic comments on these types of videos though LOL i.e. "I think your dog is sick, it's not normal to lose that much hair" hahaha

And yes I normally use a brush, Micha loves when he "pull" his loose hair out though and I thought it would make a funny video, especially to show how much hair you can get out of them just from patting them.

least they wont ea sibe if they think they get sick n loose their fur tho lol what a stupid comment 2 make wkd vid bit scared 2 when blaze blows his coat tho lol great vid btw i love how micha tries 2 eat it then daisy playin wit her surrounded by fur lol

have just read some of ur comments sum ppl r stupid and have NO IDEA what a sibe truley is!

least they wont ea sibe if they think they get sick n loose their fur tho lol what a stupid comment 2 make wkd vid bit scared 2 when blaze blows his coat tho lol great vid btw i love how micha tries 2 eat it then daisy playin wit her surrounded by fur lol

have just read some of ur comments sum ppl r stupid and have NO IDEA what a sibe truley is!

Yeah you get some funny ones that's for sure! I had no idea it would end up with so many views :eek:

I have a similar video of Micha:

You get some really idiotic comments on these types of videos though LOL i.e. "I think your dog is sick, it's not normal to lose that much hair" hahaha

And yes I normally use a brush, Micha loves when he "pull" his loose hair out though and I thought it would make a funny video, especially to show how much hair you can get out of them just from patting them.

rofl, Ive seen that one before, though it was you and Micha