Bike lines for one dog?

SARSMINI

Have to be quite a long lead then? lol Do you think him pulling the bike will make him pull more on lead?:huh: How have yours been i have just now got him to walk beside me nicely dont wanna ruin it? We were having a run up and down some dunes on sunday a nd he will hike in front of me but wont actually pull me up hill just stops! Is it better to associate pulling with eazy dog harness and walking nicely on collar? sorry so many questions :rolleyes: taken me a hell of a long time to get him to walk nice every now and then hereverts back lol

i use the walkydog on my bike and it's fantastic!

I started out using a lead tied to the handle bars which worked OK but was pretty dangerous at times.

With the walkydog she is off to my side but she still pulls me for the first part ouf our run, after she's had her initial blast she calms down and like to just run along side.

Even though she pulls when on the bike she won;t pull if I walk her on the lead however I think you first need to establish good lead manners before encouraging her to pull.

Although they are intelligent enough to know when they are going for a walk and when you want them to pull you on a bike.

I use the collar for both walking and on the bike and she has no issues determining whether to pull or not.

i tried clipping to her backpack on the bike but if she lagged bbehind a bit it tends to twist her round so was easier with the collar.

It strange but kaya behaves better when getting ready to go bikejoring. She will sit and wait and walks lovely to the bike and even sits while we harness her up to the bike, she is unrecognisable, even the neighbours comment on the difference in her LOL its as if she knows ok I am going running so i dont need to go nuts, i need all my energy for the run!!! When we walk her she is much more bouncy and pulls on occassion. cant figure them out sometimes LOL :lol::D:lol::D

i use the walkydog on my bike and it's fantastic!

I started out using a lead tied to the handle bars which worked OK but was pretty dangerous at times.

With the walkydog she is off to my side but she still pulls me for the first part ouf our run, after she's had her initial blast she calms down and like to just run along side.

Even though she pulls when on the bike she won;t pull if I walk her on the lead however I think you first need to establish good lead manners before encouraging her to pull.

Although they are intelligent enough to know when they are going for a walk and when you want them to pull you on a bike.

I use the collar for both walking and on the bike and she has no issues determining whether to pull or not.

i tried clipping to her backpack on the bike but if she lagged bbehind a bit it tends to twist her round so was easier with the collar.

Thanks i have got side bike attatchment but i need him to be in front for rally! he is now behaving most walks on lead, he hates hving a harness put on sits and sulks so maybe attatching him to bike will make it more fun. :huh: How old is yours?

It strange but kaya behaves better when getting ready to go bikejoring. She will sit and wait and walks lovely to the bike and even sits while we harness her up to the bike, she is unrecognisable, even the neighbours comment on the difference in her LOL its as if she knows ok I am going running so i dont need to go nuts, i need all my energy for the run!!! When we walk her she is much more bouncy and pulls on occassion. cant figure them out sometimes LOL :lol::D:lol::D

Hi how have you trained her to left and right??? I am gonna get hubby to ride up front ahead of him to help with corners!

Mya's just over 10 months old.

She's always been pretty well behaved on walks and when I take her out on the bike she'll happily sit there while I hook her up, it's true they do know they are going for a run and so remain calm till it's time to move.

I'd love to get Mya to run out in front but I think she's too lazy for it tbh!

Hi does anyone have a line to attach to my bike that i can buy quickly so i can practise with stevo?? Maybe a harness too, he is a huskamute so bigger than normal not sure what i need really :huh: thanks

Go with the walky dog and harness. As some others have said, mine know when they get the harness on they are running and behave better than on the leash and collar for walking. I think the collar on the bike would pull and be dangerous. The harness just keeps them in place when running with the walky dog!