Ventrilo - Talk (literally) online

Marc

So for the past week or so, we have had a new feature floating around in the site sponsors area which was a suggestion of Steph (foxfamily) for the forum. We now have our very own ventrilo servers. So what is it? Read below.

Ventrilo

Ventrilo allows you to talk to each other online. Not type, but literally talk. This means that we will be able to talk to each other across the oceans as we now have many members from many different countries. All you need is a mic and to download a piece of software to install on your computer

Where to get it?

You can get ventrilo from http://www.ventrilo.com/download.php . Just download for your machine and install

How do I set it up?

For those who already use ventrilo, or pretty sure they can set it up for themselves, here are the details ... For those who this looks daunting too dont worry, Marc (Sparks) has some detailed visual instructions that he will be posting up very very shortly. Its very simple to setup dont worry. All you need is a Mic. :)

HOSTNAME: 217.163.25.5

PORT: 4570

PASSWORD: PM MARC FOR THE PASSWORD PLEASE

DEFAULT CHANNEL: Husky Owners

The basic way it works is that when you want to talk in the room, you hold the left control (ctrl) key and talk. Its as simple as that once your set up :)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yay i can talk 2 u all when im missin the H-O april meet up (b4 u go obviously)

Marc will my laptop have a built in mic cos it has a web cam or do i need 2 buy 1 as an extra ?

I've got a dell inspiron 17 (i think) :blink:

Yes it will have :)

yay i can talk 2 u all when im missin the H-O april meet up (b4 u go obviously)

Marc will my laptop have a built in mic cos it has a web cam or do i need 2 buy 1 as an extra ?

I've got a dell inspiron 17 (i think) :blink:

I use a similar system for work and found the quality was much better using a dedicated usb headset. I would suggest testing it with your Laptops in built Mic and speakers to see if the quality is acceptable