info & entry for elveden rally

rose

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told last night that dogs have been banned from thetford forest because of two dogs dying there, apparently there is a bug in algae in the puddles which has killed two already? had heard it was in the area but only told last night about the forest!!!!!!!!! It is apparently some form of enteritis(excuse spelling) which has baffled vets!!! Was not sure if anyone heard or not was worried??!!!!!

I was told last night that dogs have been banned from thetford forest because of two dogs dying there, apparently there is a bug in algae in the puddles which has killed two already? had heard it was in the area but only told last night about the forest!!!!!!!!! It is apparently some form of enteritis(excuse spelling) which has baffled vets!!! Was not sure if anyone heard or not was worried??!!!!!

Sherwood forest every year at this as problems with fungas, last year some dogs became very ill and it seems the same this year.

does anyone know whether this has been formally cancelled? I assume it will be due to low bookings (this will please the other half as he didnt want to drive all that way anyway).

Rose - by-ways are a good option - get an OS map and highlight all of the by-ways and then go and check them out...this is what i did. they are few and far between near me but i did find one which is only about a mile but in an emergency it can be used.

Also do think about private land - they are about - some country house with their own forest - they do sometimes let it be used on occations

this is what is on Amandas facebook @ present, i am gonna say to her that if they do need any extra i can offer a little more if needed. :)

Well its Wednesday and decision time, we almost have enough entries to cover costs, if all of those who have promised to enter honour their promise we should be ok. Fred will not be available on the Friday to set up the trails as he will be working so you will have to be patient with me as I will be chief trail setter LOL

this is what is on Amandas facebook @ present, i am gonna say to her that if they do need any extra i can offer a little more if needed. :)

Well its Wednesday and decision time, we almost have enough entries to cover costs, if all of those who have promised to enter honour their promise we should be ok. Fred will not be available on the Friday to set up the trails as he will be working so you will have to be patient with me as I will be chief trail setter LOL

Wahoooooooooooooo! So its on!? We're ok!? YAY! :D

If anyone wants to keep a look out for info ad Amanda as a friend on facebook, its AMANDA PALMER, her pic is of some huskies standing panting after a sled run. Hubby fred palmer. I am so happy for her to of got the entries up, can't wait, just hope folk who said they would attend do. :D

does anyone know whether this has been formally cancelled? I assume it will be due to low bookings (this will please the other half as he didnt want to drive all that way anyway).

Rose - by-ways are a good option - get an OS map and highlight all of the by-ways and then go and check them out...this is what i did. they are few and far between near me but i did find one which is only about a mile but in an emergency it can be used.

Also do think about private land - they are about - some country house with their own forest - they do sometimes let it be used on occations

we have used a few now from ones suggested by my bike friends, thay are great ones too.;)

I'm lookng forward to this but due to a logistical transport nightmare I just don't know whether we'll be able to come!

I'm picking up my pup this w'end otigionally they were going to go & bring pup with them so I booked up, cos it's not a 'race' they're now not going

my otherhalf is already stressing about the journey to the event with towing a caravan I daren't say we need to do more to get the little fella...it's only an hour away but he'll flip big time!

So I just can't see a way round being able to go. I've paid so it won't effect the numbers...but I wanna but selfish - I want to go & get the pup lol argggghhhh

Byways are marked in white on a OS Map. Be careful using them at weekends if they are popular with 4x4 folk which can also make the road very rutted because of the damage they cause when it's wet.They are real roads but not suitable for normal cars.

The ones we use have big concrete blocks on middle of track so vehicles cant use them so nice & smooth, grassy. Quite wide too.;)

Darn was kinda hoping it was cancelled lol wuss!!!! Rose how will i know when i am running?

Amanda will be doing a list of when we run, fastest teams will go first, beginners ,slow teams go @ the end of that class, you will be ok, we will look after you, just seek out our car , the black vectra estate huni xx