info & entry for elveden rally

rose

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They do pick it up quite quickly, could you not start to run him with your bike ,whats he like with pulling ?If you don't want to run him yourself i am sure we could all lend you some gear & give him a go somewhere not on the running trails set out just to see how he goes, could go out of the way somewhere @ the site.

That would be amazing he pulls well have run him beside bike before, not for a few months though! Dont think he would be able to do full trail, he just walks mostly apart from running with me sometimes lol, would it help numbers if i booked but did not run?

That would be amazing he pulls well have run him beside bike before, not for a few months though! Dont think he would be able to do full trail, he just walks mostly apart from running with me sometimes lol, would it help numbers if i booked but did not run?

i really think you will be surprised what he'll do when he has the atmosphere from the other dogs. storm is terrible on his own (he literally stands there like he's waiting for a bus!) but with other huskys he loves it..it gives him some motivation.

Get it booked, get him running and you'll both love it!

SARS I think your worrying abit too much hon! Its a training rally thats the whole point to go along and have a go! I think he'll suprise you!

My Shadow has only had a couple of runs up and down a field at camp..I dont even have a proper harness for him yet but we're going along to join in and have some fun being around people who love the same things as us! You never know if you dont try, thats my moto anyway! ;)

we will be there both days now, i am running with 3 dogs & a rig, your bike will need pedals on it huni to help him along. The organiser said if folk there want to lend you some gear to run then they can. But they don't supply gear to folk, sure we can put some gear together for you, join us & dont worry, yes it is scary to begin with but the more u do it the more confidence u will have, they will be setting 2 different trails, 1 for novices & 1 for bigger , experienced teams, you won't be the only 1 there to be a beginner @ it. Is your bike a mountain bike ?

hmm decisions decisions

I think i'd rather run them both together - kaiser is rather aloof and needs guidance from Kimba if it means only doing it once a day then i'm ok with that and i'm sure the boys would be :)

Will go and sign up now :D

Woop!!! We need to arrange whats happening with staying over guys!! Saz can you bring a quilt or sleeping bag?? We only have one spare one, and Sarah's getting the train :)

Will be on hand to help, it will be my 1st rally too so Im a newbie aswell lol