info & entry for elveden rally

rose

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG that looks sooooo exciting! Right OK just gotta speak to the hubby and check hes ok to look after the wee girl so I can focus on my Shadow-boy!

Heres a really cheeky question if its a full weekend event would anybody be kind enough to offer me a sofa for the night so I can come both days? Seems a shame to rush about and not get a full expereince out of what looks to be an awsome event!! ;)

(Scooter Classes)

a) A scooter team will consist of a driver riding a two-wheeled scooter being pulled by one dog. Bicycles with the pedal mechanisms blocked or removed will be allowed providing they meet the relevant safety requirements.

B) The dog’s harness shall not allow the dog to escape.

c) The dog shall be attached to the scooter by a snub line with shock absorber at all time. This snub line shall be attached to the scooter and shall not exceed 3 meters long.

d) The scooter shall be equipped with efficient brakes on each wheel.

So i could run kimba and kaiser seperatly ? I wanted to run them both together on the scooter

:(

a)Drivers of a team must have their own third party insurance cover for their particular class or activity and produce proof to the Rally Organiser if requested.

how do i get this? I thought I had it with my pet insurance?

It should say on your policy sarah, the organisers won't be checking to see if folk have insurance , no equipment checks either as its a training , fun wkend. If you have joined the shcgb you get insurance wth that but not sure if theirs covers other events outside husky club, 3rd party only covers the dogs.

sarah will pm you amanda & freds tel number & you can check if you can run 2 on the scooter as i am running 2 on bike , fred said it was ok as its a fun event.

sarah theres a sofa or a camp bed here, but we're not going sat so will have to make your own way here if thats ok?? Do you have a big car?? Maybe you could take my bike for me, i dont know if it'll fit in the lil civic :blink:

After much thought we have decided now to run 3 dogs with the rig @ this event, the dogs are running out of their skins @ present . even mishka is enjoying it, she has kept up with them really well & even pulling in her harness & has nice tight lines. Now to let Amanda know i have to change my entry. B)

Unless anyone wants to run stevo??? lol Would love to but he has no traing at this at all!!!! Will be coming def with him and dodge the new pack member too, see if i can annoy hubby and bring out more of his(dodges) husky genes lol lol be nice to see how its done and maybe stevo will pick up some tips :lol:

They do pick it up quite quickly, could you not start to run him with your bike ,whats he like with pulling ?If you don't want to run him yourself i am sure we could all lend you some gear & give him a go somewhere not on the running trails set out just to see how he goes, could go out of the way somewhere @ the site.

No not sure as yet, lots of folk pulled out of it when they realised it was a training wkend & not a race, i think thats a shame as it will be good education for new folks & fun, amazed more haven't entered it really , hope things pick up as was really lookin forward to this event.:(