Eating grass

Hey guys,

I'm a bit worried about spirit, lately every morning she's been eating grass than throwing it back up with bile n grass together. I walk her once I wake up which is at 630am, and within the first 5 minute of our wLk she eats tons of grass n throws it back up. Also, her stools are soft but it's not diarrhea. I feed her her breakfast after the walk n she gobbles it up really fast too :( any way to slow down her eating too?

Should I be feeding her before our walk? Or wait a couple of more days n see if it's get better cuz with her throwin up every morning or eating grass every morning isn't a very good thing for her system. Any suggestions?

Thanks again

Ev

For the gobbling, i fed Kissu by hand for the first weak and a half or 2 weeks he was here. Just a pinch of dog food from the serving, then another, and so on. He's slowed down a lot since.

And I would not take her for a walk for a few days. See if she improves. When she goes outside, watch her to make sure she isn't eating any grass.

Also, are you going by the amount to feed her on the bag, assuming you feed kibble? If she's eating grass more than you think is normal, then maybe that could be why she's eating it more.

Hey guys,

I'm a bit worried about spirit, lately every morning she's been eating grass than throwing it back up with bile n grass together. I walk her once I wake up which is at 630am, and within the first 5 minute of our wLk she eats tons of grass n throws it back up. Also, her stools are soft but it's not diarrhea. I feed her her breakfast after the walk n she gobbles it up really fast too :( any way to slow down her eating too?

Should I be feeding her before our walk? Or wait a couple of more days n see if it's get better cuz with her throwin up every morning or eating grass every morning isn't a very good thing for her system. Any suggestions?

Thanks again

Ev

some dogs will just eat grass and be sick on it, it could be that she likes grass, but is eating it to quick and it is making her sick.

me girl eats grass and chews it well and it doesn't make her sick.

as for eating fast, the only problem with that is over feeding, when they eat fast it takes a while to feel full, eating slowly make you feel fuller quicker make sure you give her the right amount, and if she asks for more dont give in.

feeding is done after exercise usually because they work up an appetite.

maybe you could take some treats for the first 5 minutes when she usually eats the grass. feed them to her slowly, keep some in your hand so she knows you have food.

i think if you feed her first then go for a walk she may still eat grass and be sick still.

as for soft stools, maybe try a different brand of food? a friend has a greyhound that had soft stools, but after changing his food the problem resolved itself

My two always eat grass, and usually never get sick after. But when their tummy is upset then eating the grass is their way of helping make their tummy feel better, it's like doggie Pepto-Bismol haha.

Try getting her to eat some of her breakfast before your morning walk, maybe having something in her belly will keep her from mowing the grass and making herself ill.

It's called grazing. Huskies will do it when they feel they are either sick, or have something missing from their diet. In the wild it is a regular occurance for them to do this.

My husky was always eating grass, so I spent countless hours researching this behaviour. Google, it would seem, has made everybodies jobs a lot easier lol