Depressed Husky?

Hi guys, I'm worried about Dakota, she's been really sad the last week or so.She's happy after her walk, she sits on by the front door with that happy husky look on her face and then takes a nap. But she'll sleep then for the rest of the day, she's only 15months, I've never thought a husky would sleep so much? Dave's been away (for work) about 3 weeks now, think she might be missing him, but she's going to have to get used to it so I'm not sure what to do. We did talk abut getting another husky as a companion but we want to wait till after Xmas as we might be going home for 3 weeks, don't think it'd be fair to leave a new husky for that amount of time. We've tried to get her to play ball & fetch but she gets bored after a few mins and goes back to bed.Does your husky sleep this much or do you think she's sad?

embry just turned 12 months and he is the same way, always sleeping and pouting. he will sometimes walk around the house whining, it's strange and i do think it's because he's lonely.

i definitely think getting a 2nd one in the future, like you said after christmas, is a real good idea. will hopefully keep her up and about and happy :)

i have 3 hukies Skye (20 mth) Quinn(2yr) and Harlow(9 mth) quinn we have had for over a year and he is the same as yours, he would sleep all day if he could. my other 2 only sleep at night or in their crates when we are at work otherwise they are running round like muppets all day and never seem to tire.

we just put it down to Quinn being chilled out rather than depressed:)

Neo does the same thing when Darcie goes off to nursery.. he won't play until she is home..

I don't think they are depressed I just think it's missing one of their pack..

As long as she is still eating and drinking well and not ill in anyway, I don't think the sleeping is an issue..

Huge hugs though hun,

Nikki x

Thanks everyone, I feel better about it now, she eats fine so I guess she just likes sleeping. I dropped her off at doggy day care this monring so she could run around with some friends today, she was so excited when we arrived there, sure she's having fun. Will def look into getting her a friend in the new year, don't worry I'll post loads of pics when we do. Thanks again.

Finn is the same.

After Zultan passed away, Finn just slept, so we changed things around and he is with us 24 hrs a day now,which he just loves, including coming to our business where he laps up all the attention he recieves. lol

Huskies really need to feel a part of the family.

We are looking for another playmate for him,and we have had contact with someone,so let's hope the meet and greet goes well for him,so he can run around like a lunatic again...........he does miss the company of another dog.[ATTACH]6340.IPB[/ATTACH]

lol, the damaged on the couch was from one bored husky!

post-1955-13585956806827_thumb.jpg

Finn is the same.

After Zultan passed away, Finn just slept, so we changed things around and he is with us 24 hrs a day now,which he just loves, including coming to our business where he laps up all the attention he recieves. lol

Huskies really need to feel a part of the family.

We are looking for another playmate for him,and we have had contact with someone,so let's hope the meet and greet goes well for him,so he can run around like a lunatic again...........he does miss the company of another dog.Seren at home.bmp

lol, the damaged on the couch was from one bored husky!

Love the pic, hopefully I can have a husky couch like that some day!

Has Dakota been spayed? I also have a 15month old and she used to bounce around and play puppy games alot but has calmed down alot since she had her second season, I have thought alot about it and have attributed it to her growing up and calming down due to the hormonal changes and also us getting a second dog so whenever she gets the urge to play they play together and then take a nap. The change really is quite dramatic tho she now actually walks to heal quite alot which she NEVER did before and seems to get tired quicker too. Has me slightly concerned but she eats, drinks poops and plays so Im not tooo worried. :)