dog id tags

Sad and soppy me but i would never sleep knowing one of the dogs isn't home and would blame myself if I hadn't done everything possible to show where their home is.

And I'd blame myself if I came home and one of my dogs had got their collar caught on something and choked to death. For me it is about weighing up the risks :)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And I'd blame myself if I came home and one of my dogs had got their collar caught on something and choked to death. For me it is about weighing up the risks :)

Yes, very true, didn't think of it from that prospective, haven't heard of it happening before, but I suppose it is something that could happen. Scary thought.

Yes, very true, didn't think of it from that prospective, haven't heard of it happening before, but I suppose it is something that could happen. Scary thought.

I didn't either until it happened to my friend, after that I researched it and was shocked to read how high the statistics for collar strangulation are and how many people had accidents happen with their dogs.

If I didn't have such a secure yard I might reconsider, but both of our gates are padlocked and the fence is 3 metres high and solid timber so unless someone cut the lock and let the dogs out they are pretty secure!

I will have a look into it now it has been brought to my attention. Our garden is secure also, just always worried that the kids may open the front door etc.

Caught the kids opening the living room window the other day and throwing toys out. I'm pretty good with keeping the stairgates closed and have now locked all the downstairs windows, upstairs have safety guards on them so they are secure. Need to get in the habit of putting the chain on the door i think...

I will have a look into it now it has been brought to my attention. Our garden is secure also, just always worried that the kids may open the front door etc.

Caught the kids opening the living room window the other day and throwing toys out. I'm pretty good with keeping the stairgates closed and have now locked all the downstairs windows, upstairs have safety guards on them so they are secure. Need to get in the habit of putting the chain on the door i think...

TBH, I found the most helpful thing was teaching the dogs to sit and stay at doors, I can have the door open now (when I am standing on the other side where I could grab them just in case!) and they won't run through. They know that people always go through first and even if the door is open I can call them away from it and they will come.

And on the very rare chance that they are let out of the house, the cat's food bowl is on the front porch and the only reason they want to go through the door is so they can eat the cat's food :rolleyes: LOL!!!