'Talk'

Its not often Nikita talks to us, but can anyone think of a way I might be able to get her to do it on command? I'm asking because with Steve's job he can be away alot, and Nikita's chat is alot deeper (and sounds meaner lol) than bella growling, so was hoping if I could get her to do it on command than if Steve is away and someone comes to the door late at night, I could get her to do it as a warnign even though I know full well Bella would run the other way, and in Nikita's caseslober someone :lol: Obviously neither of them are guard dogs and dont want one.

If you look in the video discussion area i put up a couple of vid of kira learning it :)

all i done was made a weird high pitched noise, while holding a treat, she eventually got the idea and barked/mumbled at me, when she did i said good girl in a really happy voice n she got the treat. once she got the idea i started saying 'speak' in between stupid noises

Getting them to do it in the 1st place is the hard part, once they realise thats what you want them to do its easy, then its just putting a command to it :)

I taught both mine to 'speak'.

All you do is have a treat and say speak,you have to be patient and wait until they do but as soon as they bark or talk give them the treat. Awoooing at them will help, we used to do that with ours anyway so they picked it up easily.

They will soon start associating it with the 'speak' word.

Good luck x

i have no idea, mine are vocal when they are locked in the kitchen whilst we have dinner and when its time for a walk and thats it, they will occasionally woo when the door goes but not very often - i think they are getting that from bingo cuz he barks when som1 knocks on the door