I am seriously at the end of my tether with this dog!!!!!!!

Tamz

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww dear Tamz, you and me have the exact oposite problem! Nukka has been massivly calm and lazy recently, sleeping all the time dragging behind on walks and generally being boring! LOL Think maybe we shoud swap!? I looooooved the uber excited puppy stage, but then I didnt have a little child and sit other peoples too I just had her and a few of other peoples dogs to walk. to which I would take her with me. I think if people had looked through my window when Nukka was little they would have comited me! I used to be down on all fours chasing her round the room and woofing at her like a loon while she did furniture olympics and ran in circles around me having a brilliant time! :D

Miss that! Now between her having grown up and calmed down and getting a second husky (all they want to do is play with eachother) truth be told I get jealous and bored myself! LOL Wish I lived closer too you I'd take him as many days of the week you wanted and run him raggid!

Sorry Im just waffling now, not really got anything to add just thought Id give you a laugh with the mental image of me on all fours woofing at a nutty husky wizzing round the room! :D

Chin up hon it will get better!

Hi hun..

HUGE hugs to you.. I can empathise with you on this one..

I have found that since next doors bitch was on heat - Neo has done the same thing..

Walks were no longer enough for him.. the toys he had he became bored of.. he even got fed up with the food he was having.. and constantly was like a kid with ants in their pants..

When he woke before he would just bark once to go out.. get let out and then go back to bed for an hour.. now he's up at around six and that's it - the whole street is up too..

He's used to bring his toys to us to play - now he comes runnning in and headbutts us, and nips to get attention..

I used to play with him in the garden for 15 mins in the evening.. now he will play for five and then run off with the toy..

It is hard.. and can fully understand where you are coming from - as I also run a business from home sometimes I work until 1am.. then i'm up again at 6am with him and my 3yr old..

But I can guarantee hun it does get easier.. Neo has calmed a lot in the last week since his walks have been split through the day.. so not necessarily longer - just one more walk..

We don't take him the same place everytime.. and he prefers that :) as it's more mentally challenging..

If we go out in the car - we try to take him with us..

We can't leave him tied up anywhere here - someone would steal him - so too like you won't be able take him on the nursery runs *unless my partners shift work out we can go together*

A great one for Neo - is an old plastic bottle - we get one most days from either milk or fruit flavoured water.. and we rinse them, take off the labels, fill with water and let him run about the garden with them until they are too mashed up to not cut his mouth..

We also have a new game - where we make him guess which hand the treat is - and he paws the one he thinks.. *he doesn't always get it right...lol*

I found that it was silly things that started to help.. like if I was going in the kitchen to make a cuppa and he followed me in there - just spend a couple of minutes making him guess the hand.. and he was spending less time up my backside and more time laying with us as a family..

I have HUGE hugs for you hun.. and really hope you can lay off yourself a little.. you are doing a great job or you wouldn't be on here asking for help..

Let us know how it goes hun..

Nikki xx

thanks huni +1

its so difficult to explain to others who havent got a 2yr old what it is like trying to juggle the 2 plus the 2 3yr olds that i look after aswell- its only started to become a struggle since my childminding kicked off a few weeks ago...before then i had tons of time on my hands so i did find it easier but now- i honestly dont feel as though i stop to breath lol

so today is a new day :)

he went out this morning (5.15am) for a quick 15min walk....i was speed walking i was that bloody cold :angry:

he is next going out at 9.15ish...depending on how quick i get back from nursery drop offs lol...prob be out on the walk for around 25mins

he will then go out around 3.40ish...depending on what time i get back from dropping megs off...then again this evening

hopefully i will start to see an improvement...if not i dont know what more i can do :(

I apoligise if im repeating anyones replies, but we were at puppy class with Suki last night and they touched on the teenage years of doggies, at about 8 months they all off a sudden have so many hormones banging in their heads they dont think straight, im not sure if you were thinking of studing your boy but neutering seems to look like the best way to calm him a little. We were told that when neutered it takes away all the hormones that makes them abit bonkers lol. bless em. We were also told though that it wont calm a dog that has already learnt bad behaviour but if you've only noticed this change recently then maybe you should look into it a little more.

Hope this helps

Chris, Alex and Suki xxx

I apoligise if im repeating anyones replies, but we were at puppy class with Suki last night and they touched on the teenage years of doggies, at about 8 months they all off a sudden have so many hormones banging in their heads they dont think straight, im not sure if you were thinking of studing your boy but neutering seems to look like the best way to calm him a little. We were told that when neutered it takes away all the hormones that makes them abit bonkers lol. bless em. We were also told though that it wont calm a dog that has already learnt bad behaviour but if you've only noticed this change recently then maybe you should look into it a little more.

Hope this helps

Chris, Alex and Suki xxx

we want to have him neutered but you cant always say for definate if it will solve things....we dont know what to do about it now to be honest....i think if things really get that bad and i mean seriously bad then we will prob have it done but at the moment we want to wait to see if he does calm on his own

his behaviour isnt bad he is jst constantly hyper which is what i am struggling with lol