the best and cheapest toy we've found

MyMukki

Believe it or not, a bale of hay!

Someone told us to toss a couple of bales of hay out into the yard and watch the fun!

They go nuts! Quinn tries to hide in and under the hay, Mukki likes to sit n top of a few bales and Lulu and Tala rip them apart! If we take the twine out, they are destroyed in a few hours, they last a few days if we leave them tied. They all want to sleep in the piles of hay.

They have shredded and eaten literally hundreds of dollars in toys, but they never enjoyed anything like the do the hay! And they smell like sweet hay and the yard gets a nice hay layer, much appreciated in the rain -no mud!

I'm going to do a vid of the next hay attack!

I don't buy bales of hay but I have found an empty plastic (water) bottle makes an excellent toy which will lend hours of entertainment to any husky. I have hay available at home and my boy could care less about it. :D Plus plastic bottles I think might be cheaper and more readily available to most. ;)

Another thing he goes crazy for is the free Spanish moss hanging off all the oak trees. Crazy huskies!

Warning with the plastic bottles - Kimba chews them but I always remove the lid and the plstic ring under the lid, he rips it to bits within half an hour but Kaiser has started to pick up the little bits Kimba chews off and eats them!!

if you have a pup - make sure you don't leave them unattended if another pet has something chewable that has bits that can break off :)

Warning with the plastic bottles - Kimba chews them but I always remove the lid and the plstic ring under the lid, he rips it to bits within half an hour but Kaiser has started to pick up the little bits Kimba chews off and eats them!!

if you have a pup - make sure you don't leave them unattended if another pet has something chewable that has bits that can break off :)

I do the same with my 3 so they can't swallow them.

I would keep an eye on them no matter what age just in case.

Yep, I should have remembered to mention that about the lid and ring on plastic bottles. I give mine the bottle with the lid and ring and the first thing he works on is removing both. Once he's got them off (he doesn't care for them and leaves them on the floor) I scoop them up and toss 'em. I always keep a close eye on him regardless.

• 2 weeks later...