Fluffy or not fluffy?

snssewell

I have been looking at all these pics and I have seen fluffy huskies and not so fluffy huskies. Are some just not as fluffy as others? Or are they all usually fluffy and you guys are getting them groomed? Zihna is not so fluffy although I would like her to be. Me likes fluffy :D. Could it be that she still gets fluffier as she gets older?

Thank you.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been looking at all these pics and I have seen fluffy huskies and not so fluffy huskies. Are some just not as fluffy as others? Or are they all usually fluffy and you guys are getting them groomed? Zihna is not so fluffy although I would like her to be. Me likes fluffy :D. Could it be that she still gets fluffier as she gets older?

Thank you.

Good question, i was wondering that too, Suki is not fluffy but im the same as you, i want her to be a big ball of fluff lol.

Fluffy? There are long hair and short hair Huskies. Some Huskies have what is called a wooly coat, which is a fault in the show ring. A wooly coat is fairly thick and abundant. Sometimes there are few if any outer guard hairs on a Husky with a wooly coat.

Thanks guys. She has a bit of fluff around her neck. Her dad was kinda fluffy and she looks a lot like her dad, but her mom was more short hair. So I guess she is kind of in between. I still love her to death...fluffy or not! :D Just something I was wondering about. Thanks for all your answers.

heres a couple of better pics of her - the 1st one was taken on sunday, the other was takeb about a month ago

Very beautiful. My husband wanted a white or red one. I wanted the white and black with the blue eyes and a mask. Well guess who won...lol.... but if we get another...which my husband is already talking about getting another one when we get a bigger house....then it will be a white or red one. Its funny to me because he wants another and has not even met Zihna in person yet since he is deployed to Afghanistan. He only gets pics and videos. So I think when he meets her in January we may end up with a new puppy much sooner LOL.

Fluffy? There are long hair and short hair Huskies. Some Huskies have what is called a wooly coat, which is a fault in the show ring. A wooly coat is fairly thick and abundant. Sometimes there are few if any outer guard hairs on a Husky with a wooly coat.

great reply mazz, added to rep :up:

My pup Niko is very fluffy very nice to cuddle :D

But his brother Chance isnt fluffy at all really

Their litter were a mix of half of them very fluffy and looking abit like Niko does fluffy and chunkier in weight

And the other half were alot thinner built how chance is (just like their mum) and short haired not too fluffy

There can be quite a wide variation in coat in Siberian Huskies. Check out these two web pages. The first is part of a discussion of the breed standard and shows the kind of variations in coat that are acceptable in (show) Siberians. The second relates to woolly coated/long coated Sibes.

http://www.kossok.com/kossok/Coat.html

http://www.huskycolors.com/wooly.html

The Kossok article as a whole is extremely useful to anyone wishing to understand the structure of the breed and why it is crucial for the future of the breed to adhere to the breed standard as closely as possible when breeding.

http://www.kossok.com/kossok/Introduction.html

Mick

My pup Niko is very fluffy very nice to cuddle :D

But his brother Chance isnt fluffy at all really

Their litter were a mix of half of them very fluffy and looking abit like Niko does fluffy and chunkier in weight

And the other half were alot thinner built how chance is (just like their mum) and short haired not too fluffy

Sounds like the litter that Zihna came from. I only seen the pictures online and not the actual puppy's since most of them were already gone, but from the pictures there were 4 that were really chunky and fluffy and then there was Zihna and her brother and they looked smaller and not so fluffy. ;) All the fluffy ones were gone already and only Zihna and her brother left.