Wolfdogs?

No I know, Maybe its just the mood i'm in, But I just got that Vibe, Maybe I'm just being over protective of Kita ^_^ I don't know.

Just In case anyone think I did ..... I didn't pay a ridiculous sum of money for Kita because she had northern Inuit in her (well I didnt pay a ridiculos sum of money for her at all... not that it matters).

Sorry If have offended anyone, and sorry if I lumped you in with the "Pedigree makes my dog better than yours" crew, Just a touchy subject I suppose and my old family dog Jenny X breed got a hard time for not being a Collie X (she was rescue). So I was probably Over defensive.

I'm truly sorry it felt like we were ganging up on you - I don't believe it was anyone's intent, and it certainly wasn't mine! My issue is with those who jump on the bandwagon to quickly breed as many money-making puppies who fit what the non-discriminating public demands, and what they've been demanding lately is the so-called "designer dogs". They call them a "breed" to make money, when what they're producing is a mix. If they took the time and effort to choose the parents carefully for genetic health and good temperaments, I wouldn't have as great a problem with it, but too often, that isn't done.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm truly sorry it felt like we were ganging up on you - I don't believe it was anyone's intent, and it certainly wasn't mine! My issue is with those who jump on the bandwagon to quickly breed as many money-making puppies who fit what the non-discriminating public demands, and what they've been demanding lately is the so-called "designer dogs". They call them a "breed" to make money, when what they're producing is a mix. If they took the time and effort to choose the parents carefully for genetic health and good temperaments, I wouldn't have as great a problem with it, but too often, that isn't done.

:ditto: didnt mean to gang up on you - hope u didnt feel like i was - if so then i am sorry

Sorry If have offended anyone, and sorry if I lumped you in with the "Pedigree makes my dog better than yours" crew, Just a touchy subject I suppose and my old family dog Jenny X breed got a hard time for not being a Collie X (she was rescue). So I was probably Over defensive.

Hi James, I also think there is a little confusion going on between a "Pedigree Dog" and a "dog's pedigree."

As an example, Alaskan Huskies are not "pedigree dogs" in the sense that (like the NI) they are not a recognised breed. However, the difference between the Alaskan Husky and the NI is that Alaskan Husky breeders realise that the dog's pedigree (ie its breeding lines - its ancestors) is crucial to its structure, health and performance. An Alaskan Husky breeder, like a good sibe breeder, will be able to give you chapter and verse about their dogs' pedigrees, their health tests, and the particular strengths and weaknesses of the dogs in that pedigree. Unfortunately, with NIs, Utonagans etc etc, this was never done - pedigrees were falsified and health issues ignored until very recently, so no-one really knows what the real pedigrees of their dogs are.

As others have said - dogs are dogs and most of us (if not all of us here) love all dogs. It is not the dogs we are putting down, it is the breeders of those dogs. I spend 24/7 dealing with unregistered rescue Sibes - if I disliked them because they had no proveable pedigrees I wouldn't be doing that. On the other hand, I would never ever consider breeding from a dog whose history was unknown. That's kind of the point most of us have been trying to make.

Mick

While I agree that if I saw a Lab for 500 or a poddle for 500 and a Labradoodle for say a £1000, then I would agree with you that it would be a ripoff. But only because in my opinion the labradoodle should cost the same as the other 2.

Why?

What are you getting with a crossbreed that can justify the price a reputable breeder sells purebreds for?

Crossbreeds are unpredictable, unlike purebreds, they are a lucky dip and you have no idea what you will end up with. That is not saying that the individual dogs are bad but it's a fact that you'd struggle to find a remotely reputable crossbreed breeder and that, as we can't control genetics, you have no way to tell what kind of dog you will get.

I wouldn't pay the same for a car that someone had assembled in their backyard with odd bits and pieces, that I would for a brand new car from a reputable dealer. How anyone can justify paying the same for a crossbreed that you would for a purebred from a reputable breeder is beyond me. The two are not even remotely comparable.

I should also add - if the NI people want to create a new breed and get breed recognition, good luck to them as long as they are doing things ethically and reputably. It's a long hard road and will take many, many decades of dedication to creating a purebred dog that breeds true and predictably. That is not, however, been the impression I've gotten from people who breed these kinds of dogs.

I should also add - if the NI people want to create a new breed and get breed recognition, good luck to them as long as they are doing things ethically and reputably. It's a long hard road and will take many, many decades of dedication to creating a purebred dog that breeds true and predictably. That is not, however, been the impression I've gotten from people who breed these kinds of dogs.

Indeed, the breeders I got Kita fromwere very nice!

Kita's parents were rescues, Though now I think about it, I'm would imagine they were breeding mainly for the business side, But then again at the time I must admit It didn't matter so much to me, I just instantly fell in love with Kita lol! I couldn't help myself ^_^

Though next time I get a Husky which I hope won't be to far in the future, I think I'll rescue :)

Lol didn't some kids call her a chav dog the other week?

Stacey xxx

ahh yeh! on the train to the sutton meet sum girl was like thats a chav dog! poor skyla

agree 10000000000000% with what bec has said above

and i dont want to start again james BUT if kita's parents were rescues that and that alone means they should not have been bred from

ahh yeh! on the train to the sutton meet sum girl was like thats a chav dog! poor skyla

agree 10000000000000% with what bec has said above

and i dont want to start again james BUT if kita's parents were rescues that and that alone means they should not have been bred from

I know....... But I'm happy that they were (not that I'm condoning it), Wouldn't have Kita otherwise :D

i own a x breed - like i said he is my first ever dog and i ADORE him - anybody who knows me and knows bingo and knows the bond we have knows how much we love each other - he is my shadow - i also only paid for one of my pure breed huskies too - the other was a rehome at 14 weeks old - what im saying is i wouldnt pay £500+ for a mutt when i can get a mutt from a rescue and give it a good loving home and spend the extra £400-odd on treating that dog to a good life - breeders breed pedigrees to better the breed not to make money - as most people who breed dogs properly hardly or never make any profit on their litters.

ETA: i also think Bings my mutt is one of the most gorgeous dogs i have ever known (and im not just saying that because he is my baby) i know plenty of x breeds who are all ABSOLUTELY STUNNING and ive fallen in love with them so where in my comments do i seem to think less of a x breed?

I have to say i agree Nikota is my first `pure` breed, and I paid alot for her without papers. Would i of paid the same amount for my gsd x no and i`ve only ever had x breeds. My 1st was an irish red setter cross and she was an accidental pregnancy. My gsd x is a rescue and to be honest if i hadnt of been told she could be funny with other dogs by the shelter i'd of rather rescued a sibe

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk