Be in the audience-free!!!

Free audience tickets

Register online

There are many websites out there designed to get your bums on seats to watch the recording of TV shows, sitcoms, comedies and chat shows. Just sign up online and apply for the tickets for free. Some shows offer travel and some even provide a cuppa and a biscuit when you arrive. Here is a list of some of the bigger ticket companies and examples of the shows you can see for free:

• The X Factor, The Sunday Night Project & others. For big shows like this, register your details with Applausestore. The very big shows such as X Factor operate a reserve list system where you register your interest in the show and if you are successfully chosen one of the site's researchers will be in touch with show dates.
  • Deal or No Deal. If you go to the Deal or No Deal website you can apply for tickets to the show, or, if you're feeling brave, you can also apply to be on the show on Deal or No Deal's contestant page.
  • Anna and Katy Salute You. Visit TV Recordings. The shows on this site are predominately filmed in the London area.
  • The Graham Norton Show, Countdown, The Alan Titchmarsh Show & others. If comedy and game shows are more your thing register with SRO Audiences. The shows on this site are also filmed in London and the South East, but it does also offer tickets for Countdown which is filmed in Manchester.
  • Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps & others. The BBC website has tickets for BBC programmes, although these tend to get booked out quickly, and for radio recordings for shows such as Friday Night is Music Night for Radio 2.
  • The Paul O' Grady Show, Noel's HQ and Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. If you'd like tickets for these shows, register your details with Lost in TV. The shows on this site are also mostly filmed in studios around the South East of England.
  • University Challenge & Countdown, Manchester & Leeds. Many of the above recordings are based in or around London and the South East; however, ITV has tickets available for shows in their studios based in the North, including University Challenge, Soapstar Superstar and Countdown in Manchester, and Through the Keyhole in Leeds.

A lot of these shows tend to overbook, so make sure you arrive at least one hour before the show is due to start to ensure you get a seat. Often, if you do get refused entry due to over booking, the organisers will try and arrange for you to get priority seating at the next week's showing.

Some of the bigger shows have a waiting list so you might have to wait for a cancellation to get a seat at a very popular show. Always make sure you check out the lists for these free ticket shows so you never end up paying money for them on ebay or other ticket sites. Depending on availability you should always be able to get them for free.

I registered for Topgear years ago... heard nothing.

I registered for X-factor and BGT... heard nothing.

But I did get to see a VERY rubbish game show called head or tails with hairy Justin (his last name eludes me right now).

I've also been in the Jeremy Kyle audience (photos on FB)... I HATE JK show but watching live was bloomin hilarious!!!