walking Belt

Sarah

As some of you may have read, i've just ordered a walking belt for when I go to the Wales race in a few weeks.

Do i literally just attach him up to it and off i go? How do i stop him from pulling me over and dragging me through the mud??

Any hints or tips would be appreciated!!!!! :ran_biggrin:

Hi Sarah,

The Walking Belt has a plastic snap buckle a little like those on a back pack.Below the buckle are 2 webbing lines with a "D" ring at the end.

Both D rings need to have your lead attached,not one dog per side,as this will slide the belt around etc and produce lopsided pulling...

If you have leads with attachments at both ends,they clip straight to the D rings.

If you have standard leads,you can work around this by using a carabiner to put the lead handles ( person end !) through and join this to the d rings.

I've found that a standard 1 to 2 lead splitter ( from Pets at Home) is great for attaching the 2 collar clips to the D ring,this give a much larger "O" ring for attaching the two leads to.

I also use a spring/shock absober thing from Pets at Home some times.

If it helps I'll take a picture of the set up at home tonight and post it for you ?

All the Best,

Kevin

• 1 month later...

Yeah got it - what a difference it makes!!!!!!!!!

Don't use it if i go on the field with him but i'm planning on going out for a few hours to local park over the weekend so will take it with me then...

I would seriously recommend getting one :)