pulling on lead????

Tamz

hey peeps

so as you know i have a terrible time walking shiloh...infact we both do now :(

he pulls like its going out of fashion everytime we go out with him now...what makes it worse though is he now has started to pick up scents really bad so will drag you here there and everywhere sniffing the ground :angry: and also cocks his legs every bleeding second leaving his own :angry: he is that bad Ian has even started to notice it

so anyway we got this halter lead thingy months ago and when we tried it on him he would smash his head into the ground to get it off :o so i never used it again as didnt want him doing damage to himself

a few of you on here mentioned to try it again as really does help as im on here all the time moaning about him pulling lmao

i have used it twice now, once yestd morning and just now and i swear down i can believe how it has worked- it has instantly stopped him pulling :o i really cant believe it :o i expected it to help a little but he is like a totally different dog with it on, he now trots with his head up instead of dragging with his nose to the ground :D i am sooooooooooooooo relieved lol, Ian will not believe it the next time he takes him out with it on :D

here is a link if anyone is interested in getting one- i promise you it really really does work ;)

http://www.netpetshop.co.uk/p-29043-ancol-training-halter-dog-collar-stops-pulling.aspx?CAWELAID=525318935

x x x

i tell you summat...they are defo the way forward...as peter kay would put it "it is defo the future" lmao

i will never leave the house without it now....i am finally very happy with my pup........i have been very angry with him for months over the way he behaves when out...all that has now gone which makes me very happy :D

aw ur lucky...i put one on nanuq and he pulled his face along the ground till it bled,so i gave up...now if i go near him to put anything near his head he backs away or runs..i have resorted to an ezy harness and a man mat bungee lead to stop the pain in my shoulder when he pulls but not very enjoyable so the hubby usually gets the job done better than me but nanuq pulls like mad still:( :( :(

at the end of the day pulling is what they are bred for, we let ours pull and find it burns off the energy a bit better than when they are walking nicely. Preferably on a rig/scooter or bike but in weather like this it's just walks. We use walky belts (I have a culpeppers one and a manmatt musher belt that goes round your hips) and teach them a few basic commands to make it easier (on by, slow down or wait, leave it...that sort of thing). I used to walk quite a few on a walky belt until they started to work :) now I limit them to two or three at a time but it is so much easier to walk them with a belt.

i had a holti but it rubbed Odins nose leaving marks it also went up into his eyes so i got rid, i now use a canny collar it's great, it leaves no marks and does not ride up into his eyes fan xxxx

I thought the Canny Collar was great with Dino until the day it snapped in two and he got loose! (we had had it approx 4 months) We were at the Maidenhead Agricultural show and he just set off straight into a huge crowd of people, fortunately he came back but it was a real heart stopping moment I can tell you! We use a Gencon head collar now when we want complete control of him but we also attach a normal lead to his collar as well just to be on the safe side. Walking belts look fab to and we will soon be getting one of those.

http://www.animal-nanny.co.uk/gencon-all-in-1-dog-lead.html

I thought the Canny Collar was great with Dino until the day it snapped in two and he got loose! (we had had it approx 4 months) We were at the Maidenhead Agricultural show and he just set off straight into a huge crowd of people, fortunately he came back but it was a real heart stopping moment I can tell you! We use a Gencon head collar now when we want complete control of him but we also attach a normal lead to his collar as well just to be on the safe side. Walking belts look fab to and we will soon be getting one of those.

http://www.animal-na...1-dog-lead.html

oops naughty boy - thats y i use a double ended lead n attach 1 end 2 his harness incase that happens or if he manages 2 slip it