Sign in to follow this  
HuskyCouture

...maybe chicken wings was a bad idea?

Okay a week ago we moved into this new house, since then embry has obviously been acting a bit strange. he hasn't been eating normally if we're lucky we can get a cup of TOTW in him a day. so the other day i picked up a pack of chicken wings and for the last 3 days have been giving him 2 for lunch and since then he has been sooo constipated, i think he has pooped three times in the last three days? today he had puppy class at 2pm, we got there and he was just acting weird! he wouldn't listen to a thing me, my boyfriend, my sister or the trainer said to him. he wasn't interested in any of his treats and he just kept trying to get out of the room. when we were doing recalls he just went over and peed on the floor, note he has never had an accident in a store EVER. so we were are really confused what was wrong. we thought that maybe since the great dane rescue was there maybe he wanted to go sniff the three great danes that were there and while we were on our walk to him he started to poop dark green liquid, my poor baby :( so we cut class a half hour short and went to the dog park to see if he wanted to go potty somewhere familiar to him and he tried so many times and nothing came out. i know that you guys all say the rice and boiled chicken or whatever, my boyfriend said no embrys not allowed to eat anymore raw or weird food except his kibble because he thinks that's why he's sick :( i dont know what to do, he's munching on his TOTW right now while laying on his bed, the poor boy rofl

okay he changed his mind:rolleyes:, he said that if he isn't feeling better by the morning we will do the chicken and rice, how do i cook it lol? im not the cook

okay he changed his mind:rolleyes:, he said that if he isn't feeling better by the morning we will do the chicken and rice, how do i cook it lol? im not the cook

i boil the chicken breasts and the rice but you can oven cook the chicken breasts if you want

i hope embry feels better soon

x

i boil the chicken breasts and the rice but you can oven cook the chicken breasts if you want

i hope embry feels better soon

x

thanks hun :)

Burnt toast is supposed to be really good for diarrhea - a vet tech friend swears by it. It takes a little while for the innards to get used to any change in diet - if you can get him to drink more water, it might help with the constipation, when that's a problem, and maybe just give a wing per day with TOTW for the rest of his food, and if you want to feed chicken, add it in more gradually, so his system has more time to adjust.

awww poor guy hope he clears up soon hun :)

sounds like he's still getting used to the changes in house, etc ....as Gigi said, introduce new foods slowly so he can get used to them, too many chicken wings can "bung" them up, it's the bones, so gradually introduce them into the diet every couple of days & plenty of water. I steam the chicken for mine when they have a dicky tum, but boiled or roasted, it's all the same :D

Let us know how Embry is getting on, xx

Poor Embry. We've used chicken thighs and boiled them in water. Then pulled the skin off, cooled, and pulled from the bones. But any method of cooking, other than to fry, is fine. Hope he gets back to normal. Moving can really set them off kilter, so give him lots of attention and hugs. Zoya sends Husky Hugs.