Fish treat recipie???

my boys eat pasta they love it here is an article on what dogs can and can't eat

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=2+1659&aid=1030

pasta isnt on there so maybe they cud have a tuna pasta bake or summin lmao just be careful ov wots in it as they cant have onion or garlic n theres quite abit on there that they cant have

here are some links to dog treat recipes aswell 3rd 1 dwn looks quiet gd

http://www.dogaware.com/treatref.html

http://www.cooksrecipes.com/category/pet-recipes.html

http://www.all-natural-dog-treat.com/homemade-dog-treat-recipes.html

http://www.recipezaar.com/recipes/pet-food

http://www.bullwrinkle.com/Assets/Recipes/Recipes.htm

and i also found this:

Soft Doggie Cookies

3 (2 1/2 oz. each) jars of baby food; either beef or chicken

1/4 cup Dry milk powder

1/4 cup Wheat germ or cream of wheat

Combine all ingredients in bowl and mix well.

Roll into small balls and place on well-greased cookie sheet.

Flatten slightly with a fork.

Bake in preheated 180 oven for 15 minutes until brown.

Cool on wire rack.

Refrigerate to keep fresh or freeze.

Great for older dogs with teeth problems.

Ive recently discovered that my boys LOVE tuna and thought it would make a good treat. Does anyone know of a recipie which I can make some tuna treats?

Yeah they can have pasta its good for them and some dog foods have pasta in them. I give mine Tuna and pasta sometimes with cottage cheese or eggs or sometimes both and they love it!! ;)

U know i thought that they werent supposed to have garlic or onion. However when my girl was younger we were worried about her cos she was a fussy eater, yet always wanted things that we would have with onions and garlic. We spoke to the vet and she said as long as its not a lot and they are not having it very often it is fine to give them a little garlic or onion.

U know i thought that they werent supposed to have garlic or onion. However when my girl was younger we were worried about her cos she was a fussy eater, yet always wanted things that we would have with onions and garlic. We spoke to the vet and she said as long as its not a lot and they are not having it very often it is fine to give them a little garlic or onion.

thats good that they can have some cuz i read that and was quite worried cuz bingo loves my spaghetti/pasta bolognese lmao and i put quite abit ov onion in it and a bit ov garlic n bings wud always have abit ov onion aswell as sum pasta so glad they can have some as i did worry bout that

Pasta and rice are the same as any of the grains when it comes to dogs, it doesn't have any nutritional value at all and they don't need it in their diet.

I have fed steamed rice and chicken if my dogs have had an upset tummy, but I would never feed it as part of a regular diet.

Pasta and rice is often added to dog foods to bulk them out. Dogs cannot digest grains, so whilst they may not always cause harm (unless the dog gets iitchy skin, ear infections, gut problems etc that are all commonly caused by grain and subsequently yeast being in their diet), they have nothing that is essential to the dog's well being.

Thanks for links nix, added to rep.

My boys have had pasta but didn't really eat it. Not tried them with rice yet.

Thinking of going to shops and buying a couple tins of tuna chuncks and experimenting with some and see if I can find something that would be easy enough to carry around on walks for treats.

my dogs dont have pasta often when i have it they will b given 1 or 2 peices ov pasta and thats it i wudnt feed it as a meal replacement or anything like that

That's cool BB - I was more referring to other posters who thought it was ok because some dog foods have it as an ingredient.

taz loves tuna, he will do anything to get it , including tryin to open the tin with his teeth lol, i just squeeze out the oil/brine and put it in a sandwich bag when i use it for treats , makes ya hands wiff a bit , but it makes an alternative to cheese n other stuff for them,

thanks, added to rep!

Will have to give that a try. Not too bothered about the smell. In fact would rather it smell so they can smell I have it and so training may become better.

i swear taz can smell tuna from a mile away , and thats when its still in the tin lol, he adores it , only found out when i was havin a tuna sandwich , i dont put the tuna on the bread till im about to eat it cause it makes the bread soggy and he was in his crate howlin his head off, i thought he needed out so i open the door and he nearly broke the bowl the tuna was in he hit it that hard, i now have to guard my tuna lmao

i swear taz can smell tuna from a mile away , and thats when its still in the tin lol, he adores it , only found out when i was havin a tuna sandwich , i dont put the tuna on the bread till im about to eat it cause it makes the bread soggy and he was in his crate howlin his head off, i thought he needed out so i open the door and he nearly broke the bowl the tuna was in he hit it that hard, i now have to guard my tuna lmao

lol, bless him Marley is a bit like that! He nicked my salmon sandwhich once and it was gone within seconds! Little so and so that was the last of the salmon aswell!